LR4 to use Ford Eco Boost V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slammer

Reaction score
The F 150 could have it's tires turned by a 4 cyl. powerplant due it being one of the lightest rearends and overall weight over the rear axle. Our L.R.'s are much heavier than the F150. Try closing our 1/2 size tailgate and flip up a new F150's. Our 1/2 size is the same as their full size one.

ralph15

Reaction score
Here are the engine specs.

Land Rover:
5.0-liter V8 engine with 375bhp and 375 lb-ft torque

Ford

365 hp at 5,000 rpm. torque is — 420 lb-ft at 2,500 revs, with 90 percent of that available from 1,700-5,000 rpm.

Torque moves weight

slammer

Reaction score
I just feel that the current 5.0 is a great block with a great tranny combo, so why fix what isn't broke. My mileage on the 2011 LR4 is averaging 18.7 overall for 1053 miles.
note: I am using premium fuel.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring us the diesel! They are now such nicer engines than the smoky noisy ones we grew up with. Several friends have diesel VWs and you really don't know they are diesel unless you ask. Sound & act normal...just get much better mileage.

mudnuts

Reaction score
I worked on construction of the assembly line at the Cleveland Engine Plant, where they install the twin turbos on the 3.5 liter. this is a good strong engine with lots of torque, needed to move this sled. 10 years from now when I am buying your used LR4 for about $6000, I would prefer it had some servicable american iron under the hood. My Discovery 2 should be ready for replacement by then.
Mark

slammer

Reaction score
All the more power to ya. Hope to keep you in the LR family.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A diesel for US would be pretty awesome IMO. If they bring one in the next four years when my Lanny is ready for a new owner, I'd opted in for the diesel next time around.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's not kid ourselves. This is political mumbo jumbo. We will never see a diesel. We are a petroleum nation and that will not change - no matter how big a tantrum Al Gore throws. Tata will simply produce a POS for China and buy up Carbon Credits to offset their ailing mpg numbers. Ultimately, the consumer will pay for these credits by the way of increased MSRP's. That's the world we live in now...

netstalker

Reaction score
The Eco Boost would not thrill me. Any guy who knows turbos knows they are a maintenance issue and when your into them often the mileage is poor. If no Diesel than the Jag 5.0 is fine with me.
We all know if the LR4 went on a diet like the Porsche just did that in itself brings on mileage and no matter what motor you shove into a box its not going to get great mpg unless its aerodynamic. Old Toyota Land Cruiser anyone? Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635