LR4 Winch/Brush Bar/Driving Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surge45

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to this forum. I look forward to participating.

I just picked up a used (new to me!) 2010 LR4. I used to have a Disco II that I wish that I had never sold!

Anyway, I'd like to install a winch, driving lights and brush bar on my LR4. I'd like to stick to OEM parts if at all possible. However, the LR4 accessories catalog indicates that the driving lights aren't compatible with the winch. So I'm not 100% sure what I can/can't do with OEM parts. In order of priority, it's the winch, lights and bar last.

I'm looking to do what's on the attached photo but can't tell from the website what parts these are.

Could anyone please share some experiences, thoughts or photos of LR4's with any/all of these add-on's (whether OEM or aftermarket)? Also, any pros/cons of going OEM.

Many Thanks!

Attachments

• LR4 Front.jpg
    LR4 Front.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 74

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey surge45,

Welcome to the forum. There are front protection bars and winch/winch trays available that are OEM, but I would highly recommend going with one of the aftermarket options. The OEM protection bar is made of plastic and really just for looks - and most of us don't have it because it's not very nice. As for the OEM driving lights, they are nice, but there are much better/cheaper options.

A friend of mine went with the Devon 4x4 hidden winch kit and it's a nice setup. There is also the ARB front bumper for the LR4 that has the ability to hold a winch and lights and offers awesome protection.

Why do you want to stick with OEM? I can understand for looks, but there are much better options.

-David

surge45

Reaction score
Hey surge45,

Welcome to the forum. There are front protection bars and winch/winch trays available that are OEM, but I would highly recommend going with one of the aftermarket options. The OEM protection bar is made of plastic and really just for looks - and most of us don't have it because it's not very nice. As for the OEM driving lights, they are nice, but there are much better/cheaper options.

A friend of mine went with the Devon 4x4 hidden winch kit and it's a nice setup. There is also the ARB front bumper for the LR4 that has the ability to hold a winch and lights and offers awesome protection.

Why do you want to stick with OEM? I can understand for looks, but there are much better options.

-David

David,

Thanks for your response.

I'm not opposed to the after-market accessories. The primary reason for my desire to go OEM is for the installation. Just having re-entered the LR market, I'm not familiar with any quality shops that install off-road accessories in the South Florida area. Also, having had experience with the wonderful LR-provided "mute" instructions and also having actually seen the complexities of installing some of these particular accessories (including removing the front end, drilling holes, routing wires, electrical work, fuses, installing switches, etc.), I'm not ready to leave my LR with some kid struggling with the instructions for the first time.

The secondary reason is that I use my LR for "work" as well. I'm a professional and have to often visit clients. So I can't go with that full ********* off-road look (though i would loooooove to one day!) and have to balance the "look" and feel of the truck with work and play. I think the OEM accessories soften the look a bit while being fairly practical.

That being said, I suppose that my options would widen if I locate a reputable shop in the area. I'll go ahead and post another thread in a more general section requesting same just to keep my options open.

Thanks again.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Surge, it's nice to see another South Floridian on the forums! Where abouts are you?

surge45

Reaction score
Kaaae,

Nice to "meet" you. I'm in the Kendall area next to the Falls. How about you?

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm up in Jupiter. You should look into the Florida Land Rover Club. We have a trail ride coming up in April.

surge45

Reaction score
That's great! I just looked up the club on the web and you guys seems very organized (nice web sight too). I'll definitely join.

I'll send you a PM with my contact information. Maybe we can chat soon to get more information on the club and the trail rides.

Thanks!

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the OEM brush guard on the front of my LR3 and can tell you that after three years the rubberized coating was disintegrating in the Florida sun....it is purely for aesthetics and nothing else (though the lights do look good on it). I would pass on it in favor of a better quality bar that is recommended by someone on here.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can definitely understand wanting to keep the LR4 looking pretty stock and not crazy with lots of accessories. The Devon4x4 hidden winch mount is really nice and pretty discreet:

http://www.devon4x4.com/index.php?p...ry_id=1013362&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=14

As far as the lights, you likely want to go with the OEM ones that mount directly to the front protection bar or the bumper. I agree with rovernut above, I've seen some of them on LR3s and they fade very quickly.

I don't think there are any other bars available for the LR4, except for ARB bumper?

-David

surge45

Reaction score
I can definitely understand wanting to keep the LR4 looking pretty stock and not crazy with lots of accessories. The Devon4x4 hidden winch mount is really nice and pretty discreet:

http://www.devon4x4.com/index.php?p...ry_id=1013362&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=14

As far as the lights, you likely want to go with the OEM ones that mount directly to the front protection bar or the bumper. I agree with rovernut above, I've seen some of them on LR3s and they fade very quickly.

I don't think there are any other bars available for the LR4, except for ARB bumper?

-David

David,

Thanks for the response and the link. I looked into that Devon mount and it seems perfect.

If go with after-market, how will this affect the air-bag deployment??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635