LR4s out there holding their value maybe more than just quite well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but..... look at what just pulled up at my local Home Depot. In person it looks much better than the images allow, the ditch water green is actually quite pleasant.

The Defender is at normal ride height by the looks of it, the same as my dirty Disco.

One thing was really surprising is the height of the door line / waistline fo the Defender.

Dimensions wise its pretty much the same as the LR4 give or take.

IMG_4397.jpegIMG_4398.jpegIMG_4399.jpegIMG_4400.jpegIMG_4401.jpeg

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover managed to make a vehicle with the same outward dimensions and a substantial decrease in interior volume. Well done! Then they offer that goofy external box lol.

I wouldn't say it's a substantial decrease in interior volume, just proportioned differently. Defender has more front row and second row leg room than the LR4, but the cargo area is smaller. Plus a nice storage area under the rear floor if you skip the useless third row seats.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can a 6'2" person sleep in the back with the seats folded? These specs could be off but it sure sounds smaller.

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The powerfuluk youtube channel did a pretty good comparison of the new Defender with a Disco 4.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good video but his first comment was wrong. The defender hood is not a clamshell design.

It did have the measurement from front seats to tailgate though. No sleeping in the back for 6'+ people.

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd that the spec sheet shows less front leg room in the Defender. I'm 6'2" and could not put the Defender seat all the way back and reach the pedals. Maybe the seat track extends farther back or the front foot well is deeper.

But no, you can't sleep in the Defender unless you normally curl up in a ball when sleeping.

Last edited:

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't trust those numbers. The front seat on the LR4 is just enough for me. I would prefer another 1/2" back. The second row room is also a little tight.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove the new Defender yesterday out of curiosity. I enjoyed the drive and cane away thinking it was more of modern LR4 than a true Defender replacement - but twice the cost. During the drive with the salesperson he told me they have a waiting list of people that want good condition used LR4’s. He said that they barely sell any full size Discovery’s. If others have the same impression I did then I’m sure the used LR4 market will remain strong for some time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72