MAF Sensor WOW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95classic

I just wanted to write and say that I have read a lot on these threads regarding cleaning the MAF sensor with non-residue electrical cleaner. I did this just today because my engine would bog a little when I started it, and the results were absolutely increadible. The cleaning process took less than 10 minutes, and the results were noticeable immediately.

After removing the airbox I simply sprayed electrical cleaner on the screen covering the intake of the MAF. the screen looked clean, but after I touched it I realized it was lightly coated in a black greasy residue. I cannot believe this affected the way my engine would bog when starting, and die out when I first accelerated in the cold.

After cleaning the screen, the engine runs noticibly smoother, and I can accelerate immediately in cold weather, whereas before it would die out.

I'm glad the cleaning helped, but does anyone know why the small amount of oily desposit on the screen would significantly affect the engine?

I suggest everyone do this to their rover, they might be pleasantly surprised by the results!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically the MAF read the air flow into the engine, when it is coated with grim from daily driving. It can not longer give an acurate reading. Kind of like using the same pair of reading glasses for a year and not cleaning them.... sooner or later your not going to see much at all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72