Mileage vs. Age

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a late model 2006 (you can check the manuf. date on the door). I was seriously considering several different 2005's but after quite a bit of research, I seemed to find the 2005's had a lot of bugs to be worked out. (software patches, quirky little items that were recalled etc.) Granted now that its 2010, I assume the kinks are already ironed out, but I just felt a little more confident getting a later model. I am planning on purchasing an extended warranty plan very soon (before my factory warranty expires). I, as well as others seem to feel it's worth the money to buy an extended warranty, since repairs on these vehicles can add up quickly.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to burst your bubble my friend, but most of the 2006s have all the same issues as the 2005s, except maybe for the gas tank issue.

Not to worry, most issues like you said have been ironed out, but as far as being ironed out in Solihull as opposed to in dealerships worldwide I'd say 2007 is the line of demarcation.

...but I'm just spit-balling here.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 05 7 passenger with nav, heavy duty and cold climate was the first one the dealership sold. It had a few more gremlins than our 08 HSE has had.

Notably the 05 used to get really pissy when the temperatures were below 0 (happens quite a bit in the Colorado mountains) and you were cold starting it. It helped to turn the key to accessory and let the computer think for a bit, but the issue was never fully resolved.

The 08 has had no issues save for one -- the drivers seat does not auto-adjust on my key only and randomly attempts to squeeze me to death by moving the seat forward and up until I am pinned against the wheel. The dealer of course has managed to claim everything is working, which must mean they are either full of **** or not even bothering to investigate.

If it was my money I would get the cheaper of the two cars. I would also take the VIN to a dealer and have them run the service history of the vehicle.

Lastly I would take tires into consideration. The stock Goodyears on some cars are beyond horrible.

lcavalletti

Reaction score
I bought an 06, manufacture date in late 05, sold in april of 06, it runs perfectly so far for me but does have a service history,

it has had the following replaced making me think it was in the same batch as the 05's but it does have all the options such as bluetooth as a factory option.

gas tank and sender unit

suspension part (unknown which part, need to call original dealer)

front letters on hood

steering wheel.

most resently the last owner had the steering wheel replaced stating the leather became scratchy, i am hoping the updated steering wheel will be much tougher, hopefully.

The air bag cover is lifting though, but it could be the old part on the new wheel, not sure but dealer wont replace..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72