Moab Trail Ratings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nathan, what do you mean by "not goin to drastically change the geometry" in reference to being up 2" higher? My calculations show a considerable increase in both approach and departure angle.

I mean in relation (or perhaps in proportion) to the terrian and obstacles that make Moab so fun

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see...plus, if one's rig is 2" higher it will probably be naturally compelling to just go look for bigger obstacles!

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the end, I like Nathan's "just do it" attitude. Once you get that first scratch... what's another? Plus, it is always easy to justify an upgrade to the wife if the original is broken, right?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I justified my sliders when she asked if I really needed them with this response:

"Take a look at my running boards!"

...they'd been beaten up pretty bad, including having the aluminum rub strips bolted back on with sheetmetal screws!

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moab is a pretty epic place when it comes to wheeling...

If you have a little bit of free time, try and catch word of whats doing over at area BFE.

Thats the competition area, which if you're new to rock-crawling, will really blow you away.

If no one's running over there, probably not worth the trip. But if you can find out either by word of mouth, or meeting up with people on the trails that some people are running at BFE... it's worth spending a 1/2 day out there if you have time in your schedule.

Upper Helldorado isnt to hard to get to, and the waterfall there is notorious. Pretty cool to watch rigs try and make it... As well as run the comp lines.

Any way you slice it, there's tons of great wheeling to be had out there.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the means, I HIGHLY reccommend hiring Dan **** as a guide for Moab. A few years ago he was given a restored DII by a greatful Land Rover Club, that's how good he is. His rates are reasonable, and he will tailor your trip to your comfort level. If you are going with a small group, it's pretty ecconomical, and he's a walking talking history guide of the area.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer