Multiple faults on 2007 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dub1620

Reaction score
Hi all,

A week ago I lost my only key to my 2007 LR3 se v6. I ordered two new keys with FOB's from the dealership and unfortunately trying to save $ had them programmed by an indie LR mechanic. The mechanic got the keys to start the car but the buttons don't work. Also immediately after the programming, a lot of new faults appeared.

TPMS light is lit but tires are full
Amber brake light is lit
Front windows don't roll down or up
Rear windows work fine
Sunroof doesn't move at all
Interior dome lights (front and rear) stay on all the time, and only go off after the vehicle sits off for a few minutes.
Rear tailgate doesn't open

Message center constantly reads that all the doors are open, park brake fault, suspension fault.

Everything in the car worked great the last time I used my previous key, and there were no fault lights illuminated on the dash.

I have checked all the interior fuses in the glovebox area and they all check out except for the ECM fuse, it doesn't read anything when testing either side of the socket with the car running.

The car runs fine, but all these warning lights as well as not being able to roll down the front windows or sunroof is quite a problem for me.

Does anyone have any advice on where to look or what it may be?

Thanks in advance for reading and any input is greatly appreciated!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advice: get your money back from the indie; use that money (plus whatever more required) at the dealer to get it re-programmed properly. Then live happily ever after.

dub1620

Reaction score
I did go to the dealer, they tried to program it and nothing changed. Keys still start the car but the fob's don't work. Unfortunately they don't have an opening until 2wks from now, and I was hoping someone may be able to shed a little light and at least get me started in the right direction of diagnosing this myself.

Thanks for the reply

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't, you need something like a Nanocom or Atlantic British tool. I have a Nanocom and it has saved me probably 5 times it's cost in diagnostic time, programmed my key, etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72