Multiple Systems Faults! Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmotomn

Reaction score
While driving our 2006 LR3 (w/ 39K miles) today, several system faults appeared on the information display; Transmission Fault, Suspension Fault, HDC Fault, Brake & ABS Lights and then the vehicle lowered automatically. I stopped, restarted the vehicle and everything cleared. 5 minutes later the same situation happened, so I stopped to restart and everything cleared again. I expect this to happen again very soon. Any idea as to what is going on before heading to the LR dealer on Monday?

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery is a pretty common suspect. Take it to AutoZone and have them test the battery and alternator. Since it is happening after the vehicle has been running either the battery isnt holding much charge or is is not getting enough.

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto, the battery or some part of the charging system is going. Take it to the shop to get it checked out. I lost all power and ended up creeping home with no lights or any real electronics at 11pm one evening this past summer. Same thing -every bell whistle and light went on...it cleared the first couple times. Then all hell broke loose and everything you could imagine started shutting off. :mad:

Thank fully I was less than two miles from our condo:argh:....it died rolling into my space-a nice man with a big tow truck took it away the next day. :help:
LR replaced the alternator and battery-good as gold from there. :cool:

Good luck

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just how expensive is the alternator job? At least these problems are not ECU related!

drewman75

Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to me a little over a month ago with my 2K6. Ended up being a faulty brake switch. Had to have it towed because it lowered and would not raise. Kept happening after restarts. Dealer didn't like the idea of my driving it there while lowered, so they told me to call LR Roadside and get them to tow it down. So may be something worth mentioning to your dealer when you call. Tow was covered under warranty. Here is the link to my thread. Description of the issue will prob sound real familiar.

http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=17070

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just how expensive is the alternator job? At least these problems are not ECU related!

Not sure on the price as it was covered under warranty...thankfully

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I paid $17.50 for a spare alternator from Pick N Pull vs some wild $1,100 the PO paid for one in my 95 D1.
Brushes and bearings now I have a rebuilt cheap spare.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM