My Driver Door Won't Open-Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

fdbandit

Got a real problem. My 2000 RR was working fine the other day so I stopped to get gas and decided to go through the car wash. Got back in the car after gassing up and went thru the wash and noticed the passenger floor got wet and also the kick panel facia while getting washed(no not the O rings-alrerady done that). When I got home the driver door wouldn't open even though the door handle, the inside lever and the door locks work. Days later the door still won't open and I've tried about everything I could to slide something to the inside catch to release the latch.
Can it be that something shorted out and superlocked my door? Everything else on the car works fine and there are no warnings on the dash.
Can ANYONE help, please.

J

jonnordeen

had same thing happen to my 94 RR. Had to take the door panel off (careful not to break clips... there is a two prong tool the rover guys use) anyway.... I just jiggled about the rods after pulling back the plastic seal and all was well again. Hope your is that easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM