My first Land Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After months of looking at Jeep Commanders, and then a couple of weeks of comparing the Commander with the LR3 and asking a bunch of questions here on this forum, I did it! I just picked up my new 2006 LR3 SE V8 with 21,000 miles. Here are some pics:

http://bean.freeshell.org/lr3_pics/side.jpg

http://bean.freeshell.org/lr3_pics/front.jpg

I kid-proofed it first thing.. the car seat goes here.
http://bean.freeshell.org/lr3_pics/kid_proof.jpg

It will mostly be a mom-mobile, but I am looking forward to stealing it on the weekends. I think I will miss some of the options of the Jeep Commander Limited I was looking at, but I test drove the Land Rover and fell in love.

Last edited:

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Choice!
Congrats on the new toy!

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase. Let the addiction begin!!

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats nice low miles if you email me the vin, my carfax is still active, if you haven't checked it yet.

07CARRERA

Reaction score
You made the right choice and would have been severely dissappointed with the Jeep. Now get that license plate bracket off that bumper! LOL!!!!!

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hah, it's actually off right now, but it's the law here :\

Learth

Reaction score
what options does the jeep have that you wanted but that the LR3 didn't have? Just curious.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what options does the jeep have that you wanted but that the LR3 didn't have? Just curious.

Quite a few, really. I was looking only at the 5.7L hemi engines (for towing), and those engines are only available in the "Limited" trim. All Commanders in the limited trim come with heated seats, compass, Bluetooth, auto-dimming mirror, programmable garage door opener, adjustable pedals, memory driver seat, lumbar support, front fog
lights, auto mode for headlights, full-size spare, and a towing hitch (with wiring ;)). My LR3 has none of these. Some of these I had just assumed the LR3 had, even after I got it home (oops), but I'm love the truck and I would make the same decision again, and of course the LR3 has some things the Jeep doesn't... Some of the options listed would be nice though :\

I do realize that most of the options are available on the LR3, but I was already spending quite a bit more than the Jeep without getting them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM