my first service work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dronedog

Took the truck back to the dealer Thursday to fix my AUX connection. (i had right side speakers but no left side) Dropped it off Thursday morning and got a LR3 (V6 model) and was out of there in a half hour. this dealer also uses Enterprise. I wonder if that is the new thing amoung dealers anymore. i guess it is good for cutting back insurance rates.
anyway, it was kind of funny. i knew the problem but it took me a couple of phone calls to get them to understand. the problem was a wire missing from the plug. i feel for these guys a little. i kept telling them they were making too much work for themselves (the thought it was a speaker problem). at one point i suggested they go look at a couple other LR3's and see how the plug was wired on them. they did go do it and every truck was different. not only from mine but each other. thanks to this forum i knew what wires we needed to make this work. (red, blue, and black) mine also has a white, a red/white and an empty slot. finally the head guy called me to say the rep wanted him to try the ipod and wondered if mine was in the truck. no one at the dealership had one. the rep thought it could be the jack itself. i told him to take an ohm meter to the 3.5mm wire that was there and check. he would find that the tip of the plug had continuity to the one prong that the plug did not have a wire to. i said the wires may be there, just in the wrong holes. and that was when they solved it. the wires were there and in the wrong holes. when they checked the diagram, they figured out what the layout should be and moved the wires around. voila it all works.
to be fair they were very nice and listened to me. (they probably really did not want to) anyway everything is working fine now so no complaints.
i was out of there quickly this morning and they even washed the vehicle. so it went well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99