Nav can't change destination when driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dstrickler

Reaction score
I'm a newbie LR owner, with a new LR4 (and loving it so far). However, I have found the Nav system will not let me change my destination while driving. If I have put in one destination, and at a traffic light, want to change to a new destination, the options are grayed out. To input a new destination, I need to pull off the road and put the car into park.

Also, I can't see how to input a new address via voice at all.

Anyone have any advice on this, or an user-written FAQ on the have Nav system I can read?

TIA,

Dave

sammin

Reaction score
I'm a newbie LR owner, with a new LR4 (and loving it so far). However, I have found the Nav system will not let me change my destination while driving. If I have put in one destination, and at a traffic light, want to change to a new destination, the options are grayed out. To input a new destination, I need to pull off the road and put the car into park.

Anyone have any advice on this, or an user-written FAQ on the have Nav system I can read?

TIA,

Dave

Take a look here: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/viewit.jsp?szFrom=doc&iDocCode=23521

sammin

Reaction score

TIA,

Dave

Take a look here: http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/viewit.jsp?szFrom=doc&iDocCode=23521

dstrickler

Reaction score

Thanks for the link, but those are just the standards docs that came with my LR4 (although it's nice to have a PDF copy now). I am looking for an "insider's guide". Something that tells me some hidden features, or workarounds.

As a software programmer, I recognize the GPS is simply Navtech software, and I'm anxious to fix a few bugs/anomalies. Hopefully I won't have to access the hard disk to do so!

TIA,

Dave

dstrickler

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but those are just the standards docs that came with my LR4 (although it's nice to have a PDF copy now). I am looking for an "insider's guide". Something that tells me some hidden features, or workarounds.

As a software programmer, I recognize the GPS is simply Navtech software, and I'm anxious to fix a few bugs/anomalies. Hopefully I won't have to access the hard disk to do so!

TIA,

Dave

sammin

Reaction score
Sorry for all the dupe posts...everytime I tried to post I got an error...looks like they fixed it.

dstrickler

Reaction score
No problem. I got the error too, but I didn't copy it to the Admin. I should know better! ;-)

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 has a similiar secret screen input process that allows nav input on the move. I believe its the same input that the LR3 has.

dstrickler

Reaction score
LR4 has a similiar secret screen input process that allows nav input on the move. I believe its the same input that the LR3 has.

Any clues where I can find this input process? I'm dying to try it out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635