"Navigation not fitted"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beven

Reaction score
Hey guys, just purchased a 2006 LR3 SE on Saturday and love the vehicle so far.. Just have one issue:

I get an error when I click on the navigation button "Navigation not fitted" I'm pretty sure it has navigation because it has the screen, dvd under the seat with disk, and antenna on top.. I removed the dvd, cleaned it and reinstalled it but it just keeps coming up with the same error.. got any ideas to fix this or is this something the dealer needs to take care of? If so, any ideas on what ti would cost to get this fixed??

Thanks,

PS... Also the Voice recognition is not working and I do not see a compass icon when on 4x4 info screen...

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only i can help you with sadly is how to display the compass on the 4X4 info screen.

First go to the navigation screen, hit the button that allows you to choose between on and off road navigation, select off-road. Then go back to the 4X4 info screen and the compass should appear when selected.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd check with the dealer. Seems odd that all the components are there but no nav. Perhaps the memory needs to be reflashed.

beven

Reaction score
The only i can help you with sadly is how to display the compass on the 4X4 info screen.

First go to the navigation screen, hit the button that allows you to choose between on and off road navigation, select off-road. Then go back to the 4X4 info screen and the compass should appear when selected.

Unfortunately I can't get to the Nav screen, once I get that far I will try this! Thanks for the info!

beven

Reaction score
I'd check with the dealer. Seems odd that all the components are there but no nav. Perhaps the memory needs to be reflashed.

I have an appointment on Monday morning. I will let you know what they find out. Thanks for all of your information.

beven

Reaction score
Well, Just got back from the dealership and got alot of bad news...

"Needs new Navigation ECU, Part # LR018252, Price for part+install $4,422.00" YIKES!!!

Does anybody have one of these bad boys laying around?

beven

Reaction score
After a little searching... it looks like this part number is for the DVD drive under the seat

Looks like old part #'s are:
YIB500022
YIB500023

If thats the case I can buy one of those off of ebay for alot less money...

What are you guy's thoughts?

ZeitgeistXIII

Reaction score
I "binged" the LR# and Brit car listed them for 950.00 pounds even at conversion that is cheaper than 4k and some change.

Good Luck

After a little searching... it looks like this part number is for the DVD drive under the seat

Looks like old part #'s are:
YIB500022
YIB500023

If thats the case I can buy one of those off of ebay for alot less money...

What are you guy's thoughts?

beven

Reaction score
Just bought one off ebay for $350.00 it should be here Wednesday. Will this just be a plug and play install or will I need to take it back to the Dealership to have them set everything back up?

Thanks,
Steve

beven

Reaction score
Well I have good news, received the new "navigation computer" or, as I like to call it, a freggin computer dvd drive. Installed it in about 2 minutes (which the dealership was going to charge me $120 to install) inserted the disk and BLAM! navigation starts up!!

I am in IT and was 90% sure this was not going to be the issue because the old drive started up fine and spun up the disk, I was very delighted that this was an easy fix. I am going to take apart the old one to see if it might be an easy fix and try to recoup some of my money.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635