Navigation Volume?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I used my navigation for the first time last week and noticed that when the voice comes on to give directions she starts soft and then goes to normal volume. Is this normal? It's almost like she doesn't just start talking, but rather goes up in volume over a couple seconds. Is this because I had the radio on or is it normal?

Thanks in advance! :)

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can change the vol. by holding that music hard key for about 2,3 seconds. hope it helps.

I never turn the voice guidance on...dont like her voice....

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can change the vol. by holding that music hard key for about 2,3 seconds. hope it helps.

I never turn the voice guidance on...dont like her voice....
Thanks so much! I figured out how to change the volume, but not in that manner. The volume seems fine, it's just when she starts to speak (say after you have not heard from her in a while) it does not just come on, but rather almost goes up to the set volume gradually as she starts speaking. It's hard to explain.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have time...go straight to the dealer.. or call them....its free....let them do it...

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it starts low so not to startle? I don't recall this with mine, but I rarely use navigation. I think her voice and English accent is hot!

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! I figured out how to change the volume, but not in that manner. The volume seems fine, it's just when she starts to speak (say after you have not heard from her in a while) it does not just come on, but rather almost goes up to the set volume gradually as she starts speaking. It's hard to explain.
How are you changing the volume of her voice? I don't have your problem, but instead I find her voice to be too loud compared to the music volume. I would like to be able to turn down her speaking volume relative to the music volume.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you changing the volume of her voice? I don't have your problem, but instead I find her voice to be too loud compared to the music volume. I would like to be able to turn down her speaking volume relative to the music volume.

I just figured this out. While she is talking, adjust the volume to how you like it and when she stops talking and your music returns, you should see that the adjustment did not change your current stereo volume. Hope this helps :)

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just figured this out. While she is talking, adjust the volume to how you like it and when she stops talking and your music returns, you should see that the adjustment did not change your current stereo volume. Hope this helps :)

Yeah, you're right! It works great thanks for the tip.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, UGAgirl97 -- good to know! I had disabled the navigation voice because she's so loud. I'll have to turn her voice back on and try it out.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, UGAgirl97 -- good to know! I had disabled the navigation voice because she's so loud. I'll have to turn her voice back on and try it out.

You guys are so welcome. It was a total ****** of luck that I figured it out. She was literally yelling at me, albeit in a lovely accent, and I HAD to turn it down and was bummed that my music would be lower too ..... And alas ..... It wasn't. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM