Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nastyn8

Reaction score
Im looking to turn my 98 disco 1 in to a 4x4. Im wanting to put 35'' tires on it and a 15 in rim for a reasonable price, im on a military budgett. Unfortunatly I cant find any thing for the awkwerd lug pattern 5x6.5. can any one help or is anyone selling anything close?

I mannaged to find a lilft kit from a custom manufacture that would give me 3" on the springs and 2 and a half inches on the coil spacers as well as 5" more on the shocks all for $800 but being that im a noob and this is my first land rover idk squat about it. I had seen on some videos where ppl had extended the radial arms and drive shafts but i cand find anything about liftkits for a disco one or any aftermarket parts at that so the last few months of searching have turned up with slim to no results. If anyone can mannage to help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Putting 35inch tires on a disco first will not be cheap nor easy... you will have to extend driveshafts, at just the cheap end, do major cutting of fenders, upgrade axles, change gear ratio, drive angles will need redone... I have heard of people doing it, but anything over 3 inches of lift on a disco tends to start causing major expenses.

Have you off roaded in your disco yet? I have 31 inch tires and can do just about anything I would want. Rims... in 15's are hard to find, but can be done. I don't remember where mine came from (bought them used except one had to replace when I tore one up). Military Budget.... unless they pay better than when I was in you will be in for a lot of money on a credit card to do 35inch tires on a Disco.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You had better start saving your money. First, why 35"s, what sort of wheeling do you do?
Are you aware that your stock diffs and axles won't handle those when wheeling hard, so you will need some sort of locker f/r as well as gears and HD axles?
Oh, then there is the issue of your needing to do a lot of body cutting to make room for those tires.
I would really suggest you re-think this idea or put aside $3500 to $4500 for all the parts plus tires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4