Need opinions/answers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And btw there is very good article on driving economically on texas rover club i think. On how those extra 5m/h wont gain you any time, but dropping your fuel economy to its knees :)

outdoorfever

Reaction score
no seriously sergei! I know you dont care about my toyota, but man if i could get 20 mpg in that, i'd be a happy man. granted the 3 liter wasnt made for gas consumption records and its older technology but good greif. i was thinkin you might have had manual hubs but then thought with the all time 4wd, that isnt possible without a switch to activate it...i mean seriously, whats going on? did you forget you put a diesel engine in there lol?? share the info.

maybe that chinese 'swallow' stuff is messing you up, maybe some side effects? :help:

Last edited:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kyle, its all about being nice to truck :) There isnt much info to share, like i said. I keep it clean, have upgraded air intake (cone filter), keeping tires inflated and driving sensibly :)

Its a kind of magic, you see..

Oh yeah, proper plug gapping helps too :)

Another interesting source of mileage - i recently noticed that mileage on X started to suck big time (nearly tank / week) . So i bought locking tank cup. Its about to get 3rd week on same tank of gas (its used mostly inside city right now, going parks, school & etc), and its only like half empty. Hint hint...

Last edited:

[email protected]

Reaction score
O.K. Sergei. No way are you getting that kind of mileage without pushing it yourself half the time. It's just not possible. Even if it does take you 5 minutes to accelerate to highway speeds and you drive it like an old lady. How do you exceed manufacturers specifications by at least 30%? My plugs are gapped correctly. Air filter is always clean. Hi-Octane fuel. Light foot and I am happy if I get 16-17 on the highway! A flat one at that. You must have that one lone Rover that doesn't drink gas. Lucky You!

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody said that we couldn't count the miles that we have to push them in our fuel economy averages, did they? I mean c'mon, these trucks are heavy. And hard to push on a downhill grade, let alone uphill! That should be worth something, anyway! Thank You, LRW.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well. I am living MOUTAINS. I dont have to push it. It can roll perfectly by itself :)

You know how it works. You putting horse before cart, then horse pulled cart, then cart starts rolling and pushing horse to move.. & etc.

And unfortunately it does drink gas - like i said my city mileage sucks big time, at least for now. But i am working on it :)

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mileage was consistently around 20mpg while driving the freeways, and not pushing it over 65mph very often, driving conservatively. Once I moved to Hell-A :p my mileage decreased considerably, now that I have to do 75-80 just to keep up with traffic. Driving in town mostly here and some on the freeways, I get around 15mpg. Somebody told me there must be something wrong with my Disco to be getting that good of gas mileage previously, running to lean or something else. I beg to differ, pray really.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with idea of proper maintenance. Tire inflation, plug-gap, speed, and no roof-rack get me approx. 15.8 m.p.g. city and highway combined. I would rather get poor mileage, than drive an oriental squeeze-box.....If I can't pay for my fuel, I had better forget off-roading. My fuel economy goes to about 9 m.p.g. when in high and lo off-road...no-one complains about that!

M

montanablur

...And look at it this way, instead of prolonging our dependency on black gold by driving hybrids and fuel efficent cars, let's just use it all up as quiickly as we can. Then we can move on to a new era. That's the way I justify my 9mpg's...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635