Never Coming Back Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needed a 7 passenger vehicle for the weekend. Borrowed a 2005 LR3 from a friend. My friend made it a point to show me where the battery jumper cables were and stated that I might need them. The battery was replaced about 1 year ago. I should have cancelled my trip there and then.
You are correct. You should have. Then you shold have kicked the sh*t out of your so called friend who knew the car had an issue and decided it would be cool to loan it to you knowing it had a problem. If they would have taken it in and had it corrected before the hand over this would have all played out different. Really, just think about it. Your whole beef is that this wacko handed you a car he/she knew had a problem, and then you took it. Are you on dope? What did you expect? If the electrical issue wan''t there, there would be nothing left of the post.

So if some other friend hands you the keys to a MIGHTY FUSION and a fire extinguisher, should I see how fast you report that as a piece of crap?

With friends like that...

P.S. Ditto what everyone else said.

Last edited:

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With friends like that...
I had a friend like that once. Gave me some milk to drink, and told me it had gone bad. Gave me some Immodium to go with it even. And I drank it. And I got sick.

That bastard! I never talked to him again.

colleyt

Reaction score
its funny that you are complaining about the default of features your other cars dont have in the first place. although i will admit i have never driven a ford fusion but im willing to bet it doesnt have an electric ebrake or suspension. to clear the parking structure to shop at the mall where you work i can lower my LR. i can conveniently pull a lever on the console to set the ebrake as im leaning over to kiss the model im taking home goodnight.

so i guess what im trying to say is that even if all the features that make the LR what it is fail, its still gonna do everything your economy cars do and are gonna look better doing it.

im not taking it personal though mr fusion because i see through little tantrums like this. its like when you drive through the nice neighborhood on your way home and tell your friend "having a house that big is stupid, what good is having 5 bedrooms 5.5 baths a huge kitchen and backyard". if it makes you feel better little bud go ahead and rag on our cars and houses, its ok. keep telling yourself you dont want these finer things in life, we get it. :bootyshak

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bwahahaha, gotta love a troll eh?

At least this was entertainment value eh ?

also two pics, although they are after we made it through the fun mud... was a trip up to Wyoming.. the LR3 was two days old.. what a blast!

and

Last edited:

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
people love to demean things that they can't have. all i have to say is
I'D RATHER PUSH MY LR3 THAN DRIVE ANYTHING ELSE!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course I was, Tom! I rarely leave pavement without 'em!

In all seriousness, there were a few spots on that run that I don't think I could've made it through without them.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have loaned any friend of mine my ready-to-explode Ford Explorer back in the day... it's illogical to apply the problem from that particular car to the aggregate.

Your instincts were right, you should not have taken those keys. Trust your gut next time.

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Cross Country Vacation post that precedes this one.

Nuff said!

ChuckD

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR3 dose have a ton of cup holders. I can never remember where I put my beverage!
Love my Rover and my Harley.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo