New 2006 LR3 Electrical issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

tahoedog

At 800 miles I had several strange electrical problems... I had intermittent Suspension Faults warnings and a few Engine System Faul warnings. The final problem was the car not starting one evening and it had to be towed back to the dealer. After passing all sorts of tests, the dealer thinks the battery was never fully charged when I took delivery w/ 9 miles on it. Not sure if I buy this but I will keep an eye on things.

Anyone else experience something similar? Any stange things that drain the battery? I hope I'm not off to a bad start with a Land Rover. My last vehicle was an BMW X5 4.4L that I still have so I want to be sure the LR3 is a solid car before I make any decisions about the X5.

R

ronprx

I had similar issues, they found a faulty ground wire...been great since.

T

tahoedog

ronprx said:
I had similar issues, they found a faulty ground wire...been great since.
Good idea. I've been doing the 'new car show' to my friends (now jealous!) and will check the fridge switch. Anyone know if there is a way to check the voltage/battery charge state from one of the car systems?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99