New Goodyear A/T 19" tire available, in North America!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also considering the Good Year just to get the extra sidewall. I even thought about going to a 20 inch rim and a 275/60R20 as this would give more sidewall and more ground clearance has anyone else put an oversized tire on a 20? This can be done for about $1000 less than ordering the 18" compomotive wheels.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also considering the Good Year just to get the extra sidewall. I even thought about going to a 20 inch rim and a 275/60R20 as this would give more sidewall and more ground clearance has anyone else put an oversized tire on a 20? This can be done for about $1000 less than ordering the 18" compomotive wheels.

That's a 33" tire, so you will definitely need to do some modifying... It would look great though. Would you use 20" factory wheels? Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Unless you do some modifications, 33" is going to rub and you wont be able to fit a spare.

Anything past about 32" is going to be a problem. That is why a lot of us prefer the compomotives because with 32" as the practical maximum, to maximize the sidewall you go with 18"

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the midst of fitting 275/55r20 toyo mud terrains. Not so much for any practical reason than they are a mud terrain and something different. I tend to chew up rims off road anyway and it is much cheaper at $200 a pop to replace the 20" rims than the compo's. The toyo is an 8 ply tire so there is no flex at all when aired down but the NE terrain requires a mud terrain lug pattern. I understand the dynamic of a high sidewall, I have 255/85r16 on my d-90 that is wheeled often. But I tend to go through or repaint rims every 2 years on it. This is just a small part of it all.

I should have real data next week on it including some off road time. I have one tire as a test fit now and am awaiting the other 4 which should be here Tuesday. I only plan to use them off road and then switch back to the stock 19" blizzak combo I am now on. My hope if they will fit with no to little modification and I can very easily switch to onroad tires and suspension setup at will.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you do some modifications, 33" is going to rub and you wont be able to fit a spare.

Anything past about 32" is going to be a problem. That is why a lot of us prefer the compomotives because with 32" as the practical maximum, to maximize the sidewall you go with 18"

The only suspension mod I have are Johnson Rods. Where does it rub at 33"? I would like the additional ground clearance.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking back to my emails with compo about it.

* outer edge of the front lower internal lip of the plastic wheel-well liner
* front part of the rear wheel-well liner?
* front of the rear wheel-well, you will now see a metal seam approximately 300mm long protruding into the wheel-well space. Bend this back

EAS height sensor rods (johnson, etc) will reduce the everyday risk, but you probably want to make sure that you can move the car on its bump stops in case you have a major eas fault and have to limp it out of a situation.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So has anyone gotten around to actually trying a set of these yet

ssmrubicon

Reaction score
We traded our 2010 and just recently got a 2013. We switched the tires to the new Goodyear and have about 1k miles on them. So far we love them. Smooth, quiet ride and have been great in the snow.

Scott

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We traded our 2010 and just recently got a 2013. We switched the tires to the new Goodyear and have about 1k miles on them. So far we love them. Smooth, quiet ride and have been great in the snow.

Scott

ok cool, did it affect speedometer accuracy and did it fit as a full size spare ??

thanks

ssmrubicon

Reaction score
Spare fits no problem. Checked the speedo today with my gar in from my motorcycle and according to that, the speed is dead on, 70=70.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72