New Guy with a rear ac question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C4teener

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up a 2005 LR3 HSE a couple of weeks ago. It's a great vehicle, and my 2nd Land Rover (the first was a '95 Disco). When I picked it up the rear a/c blower motor wasn't working. I just had it in for service, and the dealer said that the rear control panel wasn't getting any power from the front one. I didn't want to spend any more on diagnosis, so I thought I'd check it out myself. My questions are, has anyone had this problem and found a solution, and if not, where do people think I should start looking. The dealer seemed to think it was a wiring issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:wink:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your fuses first. It's under the cover in the engine bay that's on the passenger side of the vehicle. Your manual has the layout, and i think it's pasted on the cover lid also.

Next, check the rear passenger side wheel well. At the 9:00 o`clock position, behind the plastic wheel well fairing is a/c and wiring for the rear ac. If your tire has rubbed through (which can happen depending on tire size and off road use), that could be the culprit.

Other than that, I've got no clue. It's not something simple like a dash switch or button position is it?

C4teener

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Checked the fuses first thing, and all the buttons/switches (they seem to function correctly and are in the right position). I'll be underneath checking the wheel well area tomorrow. It just seems like it should be something simple, like a plug unplugged or something, but then again, who knows.

Hollywood619

Reaction score
You have a button on your front A/C control panel for the rear controls. The first push activates the rear air at the temp set in the front. The second push activates power to the rear panel so rear passengers can then select their temp and blower settings.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG - if the LR DEALER missed Hollywood's suggestion on proper button operation, you better get your money back on the service call, at least.

Last edited:

C4teener

Reaction score
Got the official paper work back from the dealer of the diagnosis they made. They wrote....."Removed L.F. lower a-pillar panel to access connectors C1168/C1166. Have 12 volts on OG wire pin 2. Problem is on Power supply wire (OG) between connector C1166 and rear ACC control panel connector C0695." So, does anyone know whats between those two connectors, or where that wire runs? I'm wondering about just running a new wire from the one connector to the other.......does anyone think that would work, and not screw something else up?

Thanks for the replies!

bbjj

Reaction score
Got the official paper work back from the dealer of the diagnosis they made. They wrote....."Removed L.F. lower a-pillar panel to access connectors C1168/C1166. Have 12 volts on OG wire pin 2. Problem is on Power supply wire (OG) between connector C1166 and rear ACC control panel connector C0695." So, does anyone know whats between those two connectors, or where that wire runs? I'm wondering about just running a new wire from the one connector to the other.......does anyone think that would work, and not screw something else up?

Thanks for the replies!
I know it's been a while. But did you ever found out what was going on? My rear ac keeps popping f22 fuse.. frobt ac works

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99