New LR3 owner Too many faults to count need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was buying my LR3 out of state. On the way from the airport a lot of cods came out, like ABS, and suspension failure. Dealer tried to hold the leads together, but it did not work. After arguing with them for a 30 min, codes were off by itself. Next day I had a hard time starting the car. Took it to the Land Rover dealer, they told me all the codes came out because of the low battery, they replace it and now I'm happy. If you really want to hold the leads together, you probably could place a wrench between of them, that would pass electrical waves. I've gone it on my other car.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not heard of battery cables too short to touch together. If that is the case you can connect the positive cable to the negative cable with wire (maybe a jumper cable?) to do a cold reboot.

After all the threads on this and other forums that say that when an LR3 battery gets a tiny bit weak it starts throwing error messages I wouldn't even bother testing a battery, I'd just replace it when you start seeing multiple seemingly unrelated error messages. It happened to me before I found any of these discussions and ended up having my truck towed to the dealer (200 miles away)--they replaced the battery and the problems ended.

David

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The symptoms you describe are consistent with the need to replace the battery. If you have the original from 2005, it is now due.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh...if he has the original '05, it's PAST due!

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local auto parts store should be able to check your battery for you. If you are driving
an 05 and still have the stock battery it may need replacing. (Good call Houm)

Echo--Echo--Echo--Echo

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KCMaverick, did you ever get this sorted out? Please give us an update when you do!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99