New LR3 owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulruffo

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just reached an agreement with a local dealer to purchase a 2006 LR3 HSE. I'll be my first Land Rover and I pick it up tomorrow evening.

Here's a link to the vehicle:
http://mercedes-benz-westminster.eb...nd_rover-lr3-4dr_v8_wgn_hse-used-6771207.html

I've read good things about these vehicles, it'll be my wife's vehicle...the sunroofs were the biggest selling point for her.

It has some nice features such as the adaptive headlights. It does not have a full size spare so I am assuming it does not have the HD package?

Anyway, looking forward to picking it up and getting comfortable with the gadgets. Any tips on the dual zone audio, or nav system would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and look forward to being part of the Land Rover community.

-Paul

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small world! I actually sent a friend of mine in the area to look at that exact truck earlier this week! Great rig! Congrats. Just call up your local LR dealer and have them run the VIN. That will verify the options your 3 has. Also have them check to see that everything is up to *****, update wise. Welcome to the community.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Jus purchased my LR3 this past Dec it had 46,000 miles on it and it was a 2005 no problems so far it's a smooth ride so welcome!!

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a heads up. If you're curious to know if your rig has a Locking Rear Diff what you could also do is grab a flashlight and take a peek. Raise the suspension to "Off Road" height and look in the passenger side rear wheel well. Look just beyond, more inboard, of the wheels air suspension and you either will or will not see a white plastic housing (roughly the size of a Red Bull can) with a wiring harness connected to it. That would be the solenoid that engages/disengages your diff. Pictured here (#4): http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=89885&postcount=8 Hope that clears it up for you and anyone else that may be curious. If the weather were better in Orlando today, I'd roll my rig out into the daylight and grab a pic of mine, maybe tomorrow.

Last edited:

Skunkape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I would guess it has the Heavy Duty package. When we gout our 06 last Oct, just about everyone I looked at had the locking diff and full size spare. It must be more common in Colorado,

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I would guess it has the Heavy Duty package. When we gout our 06 last Oct, just about everyone I looked at had the locking diff and full size spare. It must be more common in Colorado,

He said it doesn't have a full size spare therefore no HD package

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72