1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new member from central Illinois searching for the right LR

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by MBWIN, Apr 6, 2021.

1. MBWIN

MBWIN New Member

I would be very happy to hear from someone who has expertise in these vehicles as I am searching for an older model that will be "my" truck for fun. With 3 pre-teen kids last summer, I traded in our old family vehicle (a beautiful Yukon) for a '21 Honda Odyssey that the wife picked out. I really miss having a truck now, and I fell in love with Land Rovers over the winter. So, I am currently searching for just the right combo of used model, year and mileage. I am an IT Engineer, not a mechanic by any means, but it seems if I have to have a Land Rover, I will need to learn some mech skills. I have narrowed my search to 2010-2014 LR4 or Range Rover at around 80k-115k miles with good records. If I could have it all, it would also be Galway Green or the other green they used, can't recall the name.

If anyone bothers to read this far, I have located a 2010 LR4, good price, that seems rust free and has a good maintenance record but it has 155K miles. I am wondering if that's really too high of mileage to invest in with a LR. Whichever one I get, I intend to drive it casually (not a family daily driver), but forever.

Thanks. Glad I found this forum some months ago, I am learning a lot.

2. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. As with all vehicles, buy the best example you can afford. You will either pay up front or in maintenance costs after the fact. I would recommend the LR4 as you will have more room, they also are fairly reliable when it comes to the Land Rover brand. I would try to buy one that is a southern vehicle as Rovers do rust, all the under body components will rust and if you get one from anywhere in the north it will have signs of rust already.

Give Nathan a call in my signature and I am sure he can find you the perfect LR4 and may even have one on the lot. He specializes in Land Rovers and has always taken care of his customers.

3. MBWIN

MBWIN New Member

Thank You, Joey