New owner - questions on Nav & hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow Lame

Reaction score
Picked up my new Fuji LR4 HSE last Wednesday, impressed thus far though she is a thirsty beast (not like they don't tell you though). In 2001-2 I was living in the UK and had a Discovery TD5 - by comparison this is a much more refined machine (think light years).

I have 2 questions:

1. What have you found is best to clean the Nav screen?

2. Seems like I remember reading you shouldn't leave the hitch receiver mounted all the time because it will rust in - is this accurate or is it OK to leave it on if you clean and lube it periodically.

Thanks

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my new Fuji LR4 HSE last Wednesday, impressed thus far though she is a thirsty beast (not like they don't tell you though). In 2001-2 I was living in the UK and had a Discovery TD5 - by comparison this is a much more refined machine (think light years).

I have 2 questions:

2. Seems like I remember reading you shouldn't leave the hitch receiver mounted all the time because it will rust in - is this accurate or is it OK to leave it on if you clean and lube it periodically.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new LR4,
Soft moist cloth for the nav screen. Do not leave the hitch in unless you are towing everyday. If you leave it in it may seize up ESP if you live in a place where they salt the roads in the winter time. If you leave it in make sure you clean and lube it weekly. Not only the hitch but the part attached to the car. hope this helps.

Slow Lame

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback

Very helpful, can't wait to get this thing properly dirty!

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a moist (water) micro fiber towel on the nav screen. I usual dont like using cleaning products on the screen, but I have used quick detailing sprays on the micro fiber towel which work nice aswell.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have 2 questions:

Thanks
Congratulations on the new LR4 - I love the white!

As for cleaning the navigation screen, I found that a slightly moist microfiber towel works very well. I have also used an internal cleaner (I believe Maguires brand) that stated it could be used on LCD screens. I only use a very slight amount on the microfiber cloth.

I actually found a GREAT way to avoid all the fingerprints, especially on the "AGREE" button for the navigation. I recommend buying a small pen stylus intended for the iPad and just keeping it in one of the little cubby holes near the gear shifter / terrain response knob. There are several types available, here is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Capacitive-Stylus-Metallic-Silver/dp/B000ETU95S/ref=pd_cp_e_2

It works great for hitting the "AGREE" button, entering in destination information, etc. For me, it's a lot quicker than my finger and avoids all the fingerprints that can be difficult to get out at times.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy your new LR4 and make sure to post pictures!

Regards, David

Last edited:

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score

How about painting the hitch receiver?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635