New 2013 LR4 owner with a couple questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChicagoLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, turns out auto tilt mirrors only avail on lux.

So much for an easy DIY. Took over 3.5 hours to install the running boards. The holes on the underside which arent covered with stickers were rusted and two of the cheap bolts that came with the running boards snapped. Ugh. But they did turn out great. Lets see how they hold up given they were $119 (aftermarket brand new on ebay)

2019-09-07 14.34.46 HDR.jpg

2019-09-07 14.34.53.jpg

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look like a good stock knockoff. The stock ones aren’t that awesome so don’t feel bad if you see rust or pitting because that’s happening on my stock boards.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not following what a mittyvac is and how it’s used for oil changes. Can u explain it or post a link please?

So the LR4 does have a drain plug underneath the car, but it’s under a heavy skid plate and it’s not normally used to extract the oil from the engine. The mityvac pump bought off of amazon or ebay is connected to the fill hole on top of the engine where you also pour new oil in. It hooks up to a metal line that goes all the way to the bottom of the oil pan. The mityvac creates a suction and extracts all the oil. I think there’s two versions of the mityvac. One that is self powered and suctions the oil out by itself, and the one that i have that requires you to pump it up with your hands, kind of like pumping a bike tire. This way of changing your vehicle oil is waaaaay easier and cleaner in my opinion. It takes me 15 mins to drain and fill all 8.5 quarts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC on 2014+ the memory module is under the seat whether you have memory or not. You can install the memory switch and it should enable memory seats which works in conjunction with reverse dip. Take a peak in the front of the seat behind the panel if not raise the seat to the highest position and move it all the way forward from back seat look under to see if the module is installed on yours. If so give it a go.

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

ChicagoLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC on 2014+ the memory module is under the seat whether you have memory or not. You can install the memory switch and it should enable memory seats which works in conjunction with reverse dip. Take a peak in the front of the seat behind the panel if not raise the seat to the highest position and move it all the way forward from back seat look under to see if the module is installed on yours. If so give it a go.

s-l500.jpg
Can this be done on a 2013 ??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut