NEW PRODUCT LR3/D3 Underbody Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MilehighLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At present 6mm but we will also try 8mm as per the sump guards. We think for this part, 6mm will be enough. We have also jacked on these items.

Steel or Aluminum? Couldn't tell from the pix.

Aluminum "armor" is a recent trend for Jeeps . . . . . .

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a sump guard from Dave at Flatirons on Friday--------:biggrin: $370.00

calibre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any underbody protection for the rear exhaust hang down area? That's the only place I really have troubles with.

Anyone use anything back there?

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No plans at present. In the UK and Europe we do not have much issue with this area.

Trynian

Reaction score
Any underbody protection for the rear exhaust hang down area? That's the only place I really have troubles with.

Anyone use anything back there?

There is one company that does make something in the uk. Can't remember the name, but you loose clearance. Better off to cut them off and make them removable. Do a search fopr exhaust mod. I did a right up on one mod that works quite well.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scott, how is that mod going for you? Are you running it full time?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one company that does make something in the uk. Can't remember the name, but you loose clearance. Better off to cut them off and make them removable. Do a search fopr exhaust mod. I did a right up on one mod that works quite well.

Rasta4x4 makes the rear diff/skid to protect the exhaust, but the price you pay, might as well bob the exhaust like Scott did. Hey Scott, why don't you add that exhaust mod to LR3Tips?

Neil, those look real nice. I particularly like the detail at the front and rear of the plates. Very nice job, although I must admit I'm not wild about the heads on those bolts. They would not last long around here in rocky SoCal... Have you thought of recessed hex bolts?

Also...and this is important, the only fabricator of gas tank skids (HighCountry4x4) has now gone out of business again. Do you plan on offering a gas tank skid? As someone who has purchased THREE gas tanks due to "trail modification", I certainly see the value in added protection down under....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV