New tires getting put on today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
web.jpg

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look amazing! I'm getting 18" wheels for my LR3 this weekend and then hope to get tires within the week. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the same (BFG 265/65/18).

Send some photos with everything on if you don't mind.

Looks great!

-Josh

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look amazing! I'm getting 18" wheels for my LR3 this weekend and then hope to get tires within the week. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the same (BFG 265/65/18).

Send some photos with everything on if you don't mind.

Looks great!

-Josh

I'll probably be able to post pictures later today. I won't have the TPMS in or the center caps on but you should be able to get the general idea.

I think that I might have to go find some mud this weekend! :biggrin:

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tpms

Let me ask an ignorant question...do I have the TPMS? I just bought a 2008 LR3 HSE but don't recall hearing anything about this. I'm also about to change to 18" wheels with new tires. What do I need to know?

-Josh

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me ask an ignorant question...do I have the TPMS? I just bought a 2008 LR3 HSE but don't recall hearing anything about this. I'm also about to change to 18" wheels with new tires. What do I need to know?

-Josh

I believe you should - it is standard on the newer ones. Mine doesn't have it so I can't tell you how to check it out though :hmpf:

-Rich

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Yes, there is TMPS on ALL CARS sold in the US after 2007 (from what I understand). What will happen is that there will be a light on the dash if you don't have the sensors mounted. You can order them from the dealer for about $50 bucks each and they should (or so I've been assured) just turn on when the tires rotate.

2) There is some very minor rubbing when the steering wheel is all the way to one side or another. Basically it can only happen at really low speeds and won't be an issue.

3) Here's a crappy cell phone pic of the truck, and yes, I know I need to find some center caps.
web.jpg

4) Here's a link to the gallery: http://gallery.mac.com/phbarnhart#100048

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...hope your next picture of the LR3 is a muddy one !

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...hope your next picture of the LR3 is a muddy one !

Me too! I'm hoping to have time to go someplace muddy tomorrow and I will definitely take some photos if I do. I promise that I'll bring the SLR and not use the iPhone for the photos!:biggrin:

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ours have 35k km and are close to toast but i am going to nurse them for another month or so and put on the michelins i thnk.

no serious travel this month so risking with one of the most important components of a vehicle isn't too stupid this time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9