New To Forum - Head Unit Questions - 2011 RRSC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrodd2011

Reaction score
Hi All, just took delivery of a 2011 Range Rover SC I picked up for a daily. It needs a lot of odds and ends, but I'm puzzled by the radio. I get to the audio menu, CD is currently highlighted. I can tap on the radio icon, it makes a click, but doesn't change from CD. I plug my Android phone in via USB, but when I select that I get an error. I have the USB iPod cable coming soon, but any ideas on the radio? When I spin the volume knob nothing displays on the screen and it doesn't have nearly the same "click" feel of the other knob on the head unit

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I am just guessing, but it sounds like the head unit is bad. They are not that hard to replace with either same or upgraded unit.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure if it needs programmed for the Rover or not. I know I have been looking at an aftermarket touch screen options.

Jayrodd2011

Reaction score
I am not sure if it needs programmed for the Rover or not. I know I have been looking at an aftermarket touch screen options.
Aftermarket swap is pretty straight forward? Id be more interested in this route for sure. Just a wiring harness and a dash kit?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score

Jayrodd2011

Reaction score
That is sick! I'll have to do some recon for one for mine. Generally will aftermarket stuff from the sport cross over to the supercharged?

Jayrodd2011

Reaction score
I am just guessing, but it sounds like the head unit is bad. They are not that hard to replace with either same or upgraded unit.
Joey, doing some guessing and when I click Valet mode it asks for a PIN to turn it off, so I'm thinking maybe that's my issue? I wasn't given a pin though, is there a master or a way to reset?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure it can be reset by a shop with the computer, not sure about some of the aftermarket low end systems. (email these people and check https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/)

As far as parts between a sport and supercharged sport most things are interchangeable, but the radio I showed, I am not sure if it fits in the after 2010 changes.

Jayrodd2011

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think the head unit would work, but a lot of aftermarket sights only list the sport for stuff. Thanks again for all the help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA