New to the site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

danny

Hi all. I have recently bought a Discovery TDI. It is apparently a 1995 model but came off the assembly line in Feb 96. I have only driven it on the bitumen so far as I have been moving house but I live in Cairns in the far north of Queensland in Australia. I have hundreds of thousands of square kilometres of scrub, desert, rainforest & mountains surrounding me so it wont be too long before it gets dirty!

Not sure if this is the correct place to post a bit of a query however, the security system seems to have a touch of the alzheimers disease. It generally works but occasionly the system does not seem to be recieving the signal from the handset. I used the key to lock the vehicle a few times but have learned my lesson since having to have it towed to an auto electricians!!
After a few hours rest it worked OK again. Hate to have that happen to me in the bush. Has anyone heard of a similar thing? Apart from that the vehicle goes like a dream (although a bit sluggish on the take-off).

PS: Who built the site for you? Looks like they have done a fine job of it.

97SE7tristan

Hi Danny,
Welcome to the site...I am new, too, so don't know much about it! It looks like the place to post questions is in the Technical Forum...lots of great info there! I do not quite have the specifics down as to when to post a reply or thread????? Don't quite get it!????? But, again, WELCOME!!! Wish I had my Rover in Australia(-: What an adventure!!!!!

D

danny

Hi tristan,
Looks like you got the default 'Roverito' as well. I wonder if we can change it?
Haven't had any feedback on the security system issue yet but I found a tidbit on the net that suggests extending the range of the handset by tucking it under your chin before pressing the button. It works! Bloody technology (and I am a programmer).

Wishing you had your Rover in Oz suggests you have one somewhere other than oz.
Where are you and what sort of places do you take your LD?

We have some fine fishing up here. Barramundi, Nannygai, Tuna, Marlin, etc. I haven't been fishing for years but am looking forward to using the Disco to get to some good fishing spots (dont have a boat). Nothing quite like fresh bar-b-q fish washed down with a cold beer.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danny,
By default you start a Roverito, then you turn into a Landy Man, and finally a Rover Guru. We made up those titles forever ago and they just stuck.

What do you program?

I

itchyfingers

Welcome to the group Danny, I myself just joined recently. I am also a Software Engineer, well it is good to know that Software people know what to drive....

Terry

97SE7tristan

Hi Danny,
My Rover runs around New England, USA, mostly in the New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont area! I haven't done anything too extensive, a river crossing, some rock formations, lots of mud and Class VI roads. I belong to a small group here locally, you can check us out at http://groups.msn.com/NewEnglandLandRoverUnion. We have some pictures on the site, I am the Green 97 SE7 with the roof rack on the Little Niagara Run....we just had a guy come back from the Arctic!!!! I was so envious! Another one of our members is here on LRWO....Andy...is from New Hampshire, too!
I also go fishing.....in up-state NH, the Connecticut Lakes region, near the Canadian border....great lake fishing and lots of good places for fly-fishing.....LOTS of moose, too! I have a feeling though it probably doesn't compare to fishing in Australia! How is the beer over there, besides Foster's, I am not familiar! We used to brew our own, does anyone do that over there? We used to make some great stouts and porters!! Trying to imitate Guinness and such(-:
Well, nice talking to ya......happy Rovin"!
Donna & group!

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First your handset may have the battery going out on it....that is how you know the battery is dying, because it stops working half the time... second, if you unlock your drivers door with the key, it disables your alarm unless it is an aftermarket alarm of some kind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM