New TPMSs for new R18 tires LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazzy

Reaction score
Equalizer, thanks, but the problem was with OEM TPMS sensors as they have an aluminum (unbendable) valve stems and thus don't fit as you have to bend the valve stem to fit..as well as to attach a air hose. Sounds like the OEM TPMS work on Compos and LR wheels, but the steelies from Lucky8 (Terrafirma) were designed (I guess) with the intention of using rubber neck valve stems that bend/flex...Lucky8 and AB both stated that they don't know of any TPMS that work with the Terrafirma 18" Steelies.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering the TuffAnts as well, here, thanks to the lack of need for spacers -- but does anyone have any experience to tell them whether the LR4 TPMS sensors work w/ the TuffAnt 18s?

equalizer

Reaction score
...Sounds like the OEM TPMS work on Compos and LR wheels...

IMO the OEM TPMS work on LR wheels, but failed on my Compos precisely because the stems doesn't sit nicely. And the little rubber seal for that silly aluminum stem provides very little compliance

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received my Compos.... Sounds like far too much of a hassle to swap my TPMS' ... Going to sell my five 19" black OEM wheels with TPMS installed along with Duratracs on them in a couple weeks. The tires have 35k miles. I live in St Augustine Florida. DM me if interested in local pickup. Won't officially put them on the classifieds until I get my KO2s installed, but if anyone wants to jump on them... Go for it, make me an offer. LOL.
Screenshot_20191024-195054.png

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I moved my OEM TPMS from the 19s on my LR4 to the LR3/18s that I installed. They went over fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume that means the LR3 18s are TPMS ready. Most (all?) of the steelies and the Compos, to my knowledge, are not.

The LR3 18s require spacers, yes?

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume that means the LR3 18s are TPMS ready. Most (all?) of the steelies and the Compos, to my knowledge, are not.

The LR3 18s require spacers, yes?

Yes. I wrote about this in a few other threads. BORA 30mm, from Motorsport Tech, based on Scott Brady's Overland Journal truck. Still had to grind about 1mm off the front brake calipers to fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a set of (4) 10-spoke LR3 wheels in okay (handful of chips) condition not far from me for $180. Tempting.

Martin v

Reaction score
Considering the TuffAnts as well, here, thanks to the lack of need for spacers -- but does anyone have any experience to tell them whether the LR4 TPMS sensors work w/ the TuffAnt 18s?

I recently installed TuffAnt 18s, and the sensors from our old stock 19" wheels (LR4 2010) seem to work fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9