Newbie: Dhc, Tc, Abs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1angel1

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and am the PROUD albiet fustrated at times owner of a 2000 disco.
Since ownership in Sept of 2006, I have had head gaskets replaced w/ waterpump. I have replaced driver side window regulator and front brakes. I am not complaining, I believe it comes with the love of the vehicle.

My current problem is my TC, ABS, HDC light has come on. Situation was I was hearing brake squel from back, going down hill, may have hit a bump, then ****, lights on. I was told I need to go to dealer for diagnosis. But looking at your forum, would it be prudent to first run an Ohm metter on the wheel sensors to check to see if they are working and check and see if they have become unseated, before I spend $90 bucks on a test they may tell me the same thing??

I dont want to ramble 2 more issues, how easy would it be for a "newbie" to replace the self leveling suspension pump for the disco 2. Time wise and tool wise (anything special)

Lastly I have had similar problems of my engine initially reving high on start up waiting about 1-2 minutes for it to rev down (rough idle during that point) then it straightens out. Any ideas on simple things to do, before I take it for a check??

Glad to meet you all and thanks in advanced for the info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink