Newbie... looking for advice :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gazza67

Reaction score
Hi all

I am Gary.. (Melbourne, Australia)

I am in discussion with an owner of a 1995 v8 Disco (2-door). It has been sitting for ~12months. Am awaiting on some info about what (other than rich & lazy tehehehe) made it go buy a Landcruiser and leav the LR in the drivway.

Inside it is terrible (guy is a builder and it looks to have been treated like crap) but interior not major concern of mine. Needs windscreen (it is badly cracked) and also need driver side window.

Generally I am just after any helpful tips on what major things (ie big $ items) to look out for and if spare parts etc for LR's are expensive. (also bearing in mind I am in Australia)

Have no idea of what price he is asking (will need to be low in its condition) but trying to get a sanity check on if I should bother at all :)

Exterior panels etc are all straight and pretty good condition (nothing good wash, cut & polish not fix)

All replies most welcome :)

Gary

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Not sure what prices are like in Australia, so I can only say if it was me and I was looking just for an off road vehicle I would look at this one. But if I am looking for something to drive everyday and enjoy or if someone else was riding with me... I don't think I would go with a Rover that has been used as a pickup truck, unless it was a series pickup.

Spares for Rovers can be expensive depending on what you need, so I am sure it is the same there. Windscreen will not be cheap, drivers window will not be cheap. Seats can be redone, but some parts will not be cheap. If it has other issues, the price could get worse before it gets better.

Also the fact that is has been sitting for a year or more.... I wouldn't just walk away, I would run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112