Not really tech stuff but good advice for brand new LR owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

JackUnion

I have passed this on to many owners with new LR's....It's simple but people don't think of it'
If you have a new LR and have it serviced by the dealer take the time to get to know the service manager and if possible find out who's the best tech there and each visit ask if that tech can work on your vehicle.
Build up a relationship with both of them and find out what they both drink!, then each Christmas take in a bottle for the Service Manager and one for the Tech. These people get all the complaints etc, hardly ever get gifts and very rarely see a smiling face, the next time you book your LR in and they're booked up solid and people are having to wait... guess who's vehicle will get timely service!! Over the few years of warranty a few bottles is no $$$ really, think about it??

Just to back this story up.. I know a man who "gave" his old LR to the tech who had always worked on it, it was an old truck not worth much, he had had it for over 10 years. The guy must be crazy eh, giving away a LR!!!

Think about it?? if he keeps his new one for that amount of time, how do you think that tech is going to look after him?? (sorry can't fit you in!!) No problem Sir I'll fix it in my lunch break for you!!. Who does the list of warranty repairs required???, you can bet that vehicle is going to be in "perfect" shape when it goes off warranty.
So "is the guy crazy?? or one of the smartest men I've ever heard of"!!!

cyberegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, I've tipped with 12'rs of Steinlagers for good work on my vehicle.

Summer

M

MightyMax

So I went to visit my LR service manager yesterday, just to stop in say hi and let him know that i'll be coming, etc..... I had talked to him on the phone a couple of times before i bought a Disco to get some advice and he was super nice. But when i went in yesterday and showed him my 1997 Disco, he pretty much blew me off as though an old Disco is not worth his time. Made me feel like a cheap ass cuz i didn't buy a '04 or something. A little to SNOBBY for me thanks.

M

mkronmal

Maybe give the service writer and manager each a big jar of Vasolene and hope that they are kind enough to use it on you! Usually they skip the lube.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM