O2 Sensor replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmbirtcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those that have replaced all O2 sensors. How difficult is it to do on the 2011 5.0? Must the exhaust be disconnected?

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've got another O2 throwing a code on our 2015. I understand LR extended the O2 for 11yrs/120K miles. I am just under the mileage, but due to all of the quality control issues I've had when I've taken our Mercedes and LR into our local Dealer (Baker Motor Company) I am wondering if it's just cheaper in the long run (my time) to buy the NTK for $170 and take the 15min to install myself. Last time the LR4 was in their shop they left both electronic box covers loose/improperly installed with a pinched wire, and they sent home our Mercedes after replacing the Gas Tank with a strong gas smell due to saturating some of the sound insulation material with gas as well as the back seat partially installed.

I could take a drive down to Hilton Head and let them do it.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had JLR replace one of mine under the tsb; I was going to do it myself, bought a replacement and everything, but that bad boy was nice and seized on. Figured they could take the risk of causing more damage. They aren’t hard to replace skill wise, but they may be a PITA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72