OEM Roof Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks garg. I'm looking for the front to back dimension of a single crossbar.

My Thule box will fit in on a bar up to about 3.5" wide.

Ycharlie - thank you for your offer as well.

I am still not sure what measurement you want but I measured the width of the crossbar - it is 3.5 inches.
Let me know if you need anything more or different.

la10bk

Reaction score
It'll fit.

I purchased these from my local dealer for my LR3 last year. From front to back they measure roughly 3 1/8". Good luck.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased these from my local dealer for my LR3 last year. From front to back they measure roughly 3 1/8". Good luck.

Perfect - then the box should fit them with no problem.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out with this.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
55 1/2 inches. It took me 3 minutes each way and it was not that big a deal. Seriously, it was not... :proud:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live really close to a dealership and checked today, but they did not have the bars. I will stop by the other dealership and see if they have it. I am sorry, I don't have the bars, or I would gladly take a measurement for you. Most of us really want to help!

Oh, and don't worry about certain people on here being rude, it's not you, he's just a really unfriendly person.

-David

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the continued offers - I really do appreciate it, however I purchased the cross bars last month after one of the previous posters provided the measurement I needed.

BTW, for anyone interested in adding the oem racks, keep your eye on e-bay.

If I remember right, the dealer wanted well over a grand to install the racks. I spent a little over $500 for the short rails and the cross bars, and installed them myself.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear it all worked out. My Discovery 4 came with long rails. I will look for some cross bars soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635