OEM Roof Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry, didnt see this post. i will measure tonight and get back to you.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Rainm...

Ignore him. We all try to anyway. He is either true ****** bag, judging by the rude remarks he makes on here, or he is just a fake who really drives a smart car. Either way, I have learned it does nothing but waste your time to even reply to him.

If I had those bars, I would get that measurement for you yesterday. Someone should help you out here. Besides a small few, most on here are kind and very helpful. Like you said, it takes only a second to run out and get a measurement. I've seen people on here actually run out to their car at work and pull out the LR4 manual to find a helpful answer for a poster. C'mon forum...help the poor guy out.

Good luck to you and ignore ol DB :biggrin:

Wow, don't understand the animosity. I was the first one to respond to his original post and provided a friendly suggestion. Not only did this guy Rainm not bother to even thank me for my suggestion, he eventually calls me a ******. Who's the real ****** here?

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the OEM roof bars? If so, I have a quick favor to ask:

I need the front to back measurement of a single bar.

I just picked up a pair of the short roof rails on e-bay and installed them. Now I'm trying to decide between Yakima cross bars or OEM. I'd prefer the OEM ones, but they look pretty "wide" (not sure if that's the most accurate description) to me.

They will be used mainly for a Thule roof box, and I want to be sure that it will fit on the OEM bars before I shell out $300 for a set.

The mounts on the Thule box will fit on a roof bar up to about 3 1/2" wide.

I guess I may as well throw this out there too - Anyone found a cheap source for these? Best I've found so far is e-bay for $269 + $15 shipping.

Thanks in advance.

Hey,
I have the the OEM cross bars. I can measure them tonight and post - you are looking for how wide they are - right?

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I have the the OEM cross bars. I can measure them tonight and post - you are looking for how wide they are - right?

Thanks garg. I'm looking for the front to back dimension of a single crossbar.

My Thule box will fit in on a bar up to about 3.5" wide.

Ycharlie - thank you for your offer as well.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks garg. I'm looking for the front to back dimension of a single crossbar.

My Thule box will fit in on a bar up to about 3.5" wide.

Ycharlie - thank you for your offer as well.

wait, what type of thule box do you have? does it hold down by 4 feet, each foot as 2 screws going upwards with a turner thing on top?

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait, what type of thule box do you have? does it hold down by 4 feet, each foot as 2 screws going upwards with a turner thing on top?

Exactly. Not sure of the exact model, but it's an older Thule box.

It has 4 feet, as you described, each with two bolts and a plastic "bridge" that connects the bolts together under the crossbar.

My concern was that the distance between those two bolts at each foot is only about 3.5". I've never had an issue with the box fitting on other factory racks, but in pictures, the LR4 bars looked pretty wide. I've never seen them in person, so it's hard to tell from pictures.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Not sure of the exact model, but it's an older Thule box.

It has 4 feet, as you described, each with two bolts and a plastic "bridge" that connects the bolts together under the crossbar.

My concern was that the distance between those two bolts at each foot is only about 3.5". I've never had an issue with the box fitting on other factory racks, but in pictures, the LR4 bars looked pretty wide. I've never seen them in person, so it's hard to tell from pictures.

does it look similar to picture 10 here?

http://www.cargogear.com/imagelibrary/pdf/thmoabInstructions.pdf

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same concept, but the mount for the cargo box is a little different.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same concept, but the mount for the cargo box is a little different.

if it's the same mount, it'll work. i have the MOAB and it fits factory bars with extra space between the screw.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it's the same mount, it'll work. i have the MOAB and it fits factory bars with extra space between the screw.

Thanks again. I'm guessing (rather hoping) that the spacing between the bolts on your MOAB is the same as the spacing on my cargo box.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635