Off Road Lights- Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prodriguezsas

Reaction score
I recently removed off road lights from my 2005 lr3 hse that were wired to an oem switch in my dash. The lights could only be turned one when the brights (highs) headlights were turned on.

I would like to wire some leds halos that run all the time, and utilize these wire connections.

Any idea how?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a faultmate you can reprogram when the offroad lights can be on. Atleast I think I saw a setting for that and the fogs.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience is with aftermarket off-road lights, but generally, power is fed to a relay from the wire that is hot when the high beams turn on. The relay then receives a low voltage signal from the switch and closed the contacts and sends power to the lights.

If you can find where that relay taps into the high beam wire, you can them move that to a wire that's hot with the key, like the radio or something.

Here's a schematic of a standard install:
relay-diagram.gif

Not having messed with the LR3's lights I can't help with specifics.

J.D.

ralph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lights

I just installed some Hella's and did not want to spliced into the head lights. I wired both the power(RED Wire) and the power wire for the switch directly to the battery. No problems and can turn the lights on whenever I want to.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635