Off Roading Fun...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I did a bit off off roading yesterday. The PlastiDipped wheels held up really well, only a tiny bit of peeling from the high pressure wash afterwards. They are still pretty dirty, but I will update everyone later.

Here is a video and a few pictures of my LR4:

http://youtu.be/r981r37e_NA

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun...Strange, you can't even tell the plasti dip is on there. It' funny how you guys out in Cali. have to search around for a small mud hole. I lived out there for a bunch of years, and loved the off roading because there was no mud.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like fun...Strange, you can't even tell the plasti dip is on there. It' funny how you guys out in Cali. have to search around for a small mud hole. I lived out there for a bunch of years, and loved the off roading because there was no mud.
The PlastiDip actually held up pretty darn well. I washed the truck that evening and really gave the wheels a wash with the power washer and then wiped them down with a cloth. They do hold onto the dust/mud well because of the rubber texture, but we are getting our first rain of the seaon today so I am curious to see if it rinses them off. There is a tiny bit of peeling at the top of the wheel where it meets the tire, but overall it really held up nicely.

Overall, I tend to avoid the mud pretty much when I can, but this weekend went through a couple holes. We took a nice loop up over a mountain and I really loved that - more like expedition than off-roading - though there were a few fun climbs and descents.

I am pretty sure I am going to have my wheels powder coated permanently... I like the look a lot. I also bought black side vents, so that will complete the look.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99