oil filler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1angel1

Reaction score
Has anyone had a problem with being unable to remove the oil filler cap?? Mine appears to be stuck. We actually turned so much that the actual neck portion unthreaded. Had to add oil that way. Any one know where to get a replacement?? 2000 disco II

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Issue is common when it has been over tightened.

1angel1

Reaction score
Any solution?? Or where to look for new part, other than Land Rover Cincinnati.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Well if it were mine with this issue I would get a pipe wrench and a vice :biggrin: place the cap in the vice tight enough to hold it without breaking it, then take the pipe wrench and remove.... reinstall the tube in the engine and then I would take a little anti seize and apply to the cap and reinstall, without over tightening.

Cincinnati.... where are you located? I will be moving that way as soon as I sell my house here in WV.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On both of my 97 Rovers this is a issue. 97 Diso 1 se 7 and 97 Range Rover se. What I did is put thread lock on the part that screws into the valve cover and anti-seize on the actual cap. This has helped out alot. I thought I was over tightening it then I left it loose still had the problem. I didn't want to leave it to loose. So now the thread lock and anti-seize worked for me.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm good advise... I didn't even thing of the thread lock.

1angel1

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice with the thread and anti seize. Simple, pratical and cheap.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Woodlawn, I see it on the Map... if all goes well and I sell my house soon I found a nice place with a big garage near Bethel Ohio... May just have to start working on Rovers on the side :biggrin: at least it will help me get to know other Rover owners in the Cincy area.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey's Garage

Woodlawn, I see it on the Map... if all goes well and I sell my house soon I found a nice place with a big garage near Bethel Ohio... May just have to start working on Rovers on the side at least it will help me get to know other Rover owners in the Cincy area.

Cool…………………… Ok then how big is the garage ?

And when does the T.V. series start titled “Joey’s garage” ?

Well I still like the sound of the tv series anyway.

Take care, and I hope the move goes well.

Chongo
:bandit:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4