Oil Still Leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

ROVERSUCKER

I just replaced my oil pan gasket on my 98' RR 4.0. Seams OK but now I noticed some oil leaking down the back of the transmission bell housing. I comfimed it is oil. Any ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Rear Main seal... normal leak.

Options, spend alot of money and fix it, or just add oil as needed.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
A real PITA, not fun. You would have to remove the transmission/Transfer case to get to it, then also remove the seal without tearing anything else up. About a 6 to 8 hour job for someone who knows what they are doing.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joey said:
A real PITA, not fun. You would have to remove the transmission/Transfer case to get to it, then also remove the seal without tearing anything else up. About a 6 to 8 hour job for someone who knows what they are doing.
Which means, for most of us, 12-14 hours, not including the trip to the emergency room to reattach a finger, and the multiple calls to buddies to come back and help get the transmission/TC out of there, and multiple trips to Home Depot to buy enough cinder blocks to lift the truck up high enough to....well, you get my point :biggrin:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM