Oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBART

Reaction score
I'm Preparing For My 100,000 Mile Check Up On My 2000 Disco Ii, What Would Be An Optimal Oil To Use With This Milage? I'm Using Pensoil 10w 30 High Milage Now. Iv'e Recieved Some Feedback From Co-workers And Such But I'm Courious What Other Rover Enthusiast Are Using.i've Owned My Lr For 7 Months Now And Have Done 3 Oil Changes Using This Oil.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on what type of climate you get hot/cold. It also depends on your flavor. Every one has there opinion on what is best. I've always used Havoline Synthetic 10/40. 20degrees in winter 100 degrees in summer. A more temperate climate I used 10/30. 40 degrees in winter 80 degrees in summer. It's all personal choice as far as brands. Or go with what manufacture recommends.

DJBART

Reaction score
If Your Vehicle Has Never Run Synthetic Is It A Good Idea To Switch? Iv'e Heard This Could Destroy Your Engine.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well when I first got both of my Rovers the first thing I did is oil change and tune up plugs, wire ect. They were both bought used so I don't know what the previous owners did. But the synth does just fine in mine. This is just a personal opinion or choice you don't have to run synthetics. Regular motor oil is really good to your engine won't run long without it. ha ha. It all really boils down to what you want to put in your vehical. I've ran regular 10/30 cheap cheveron in my jeep years ago and it did just fine. I beleive cheveron oil is the cheapest and lowest you could go without using vegteble oil.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I run 10w30 synthetic oil in mine.. switched over at around 100k, ran my last oil change almost 10k before I changed it again... I don't recommend this to everyone, but I run a lot of highway miles on my daily driver with regular oil I run 5 to 6k before changes, but then again I put between 1 to 2k a week on my car.

AlexDisco

Reaction score
Synthetic

What are your thoughts about changing from conventional to synthetic @ 150K. ? The engine on my 95Disco looks to be in good condition. I am thinking about puting in Mobile1 High Milage Synthetic.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Will not hurt the vehicle at all... if anything it will slow the wear and tear down.

1sparrow

Reaction score
Alex
SYNTHETIC for extended OCI's You should spend some time on( Bob is the oil guy ) That is a lubrication wonderland.

Dennis

AlexDisco

Reaction score
Hey Sparrow, Thanks
You are right there is plenty on that site.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90