Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
petroleoun oil freezes at -20F my oil freezes at -65F, petroleum oil flashes at 280F my oil flashes at 418F... Hmmmm

Ohh , boy...either you have skipped school..or just made a mistake.

Petroleum oil does not freeze at -20F, not even -65F.It is sort of impossible to refer to a freezing point of petro oil, because it contains sooo many different compounds, that freeze at different temps.Petroleum oil becomes almost plastic," no pouring properties" at -90F, but this also varies in different regions.Wow,if my petroleum engine oil would freeze at -20F , i would be screwed , when skiing in Lake Placid , last year in January, where at that time it was below 37C for three days.
On the brigther note, there is no need to use a synthetic oil in LR3 at all.I was told once, by hthe guy , that worked in Jaguar plant, a few years back , that our jaguar derived 4.4 L engine was designed for a mineral base oil, so unless you race in LR3 , you can't possibly see a difference in performance in our cars.
i change my oil every 3000 thousand miles and see no leaks or oil consumption whatsoever.Engine runs like new, well almost..:hello:

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
185 thousand miles plus

Ohh , boy...either you have skipped school..or just made a mistake.

Petroleum oil does not freeze at -20F, not even -65F.It is sort of impossible to refer to a freezing point of petro oil, because it contains sooo many different compounds, that freeze at different temps.Petroleum oil becomes almost plastic," no pouring properties" at -90F, but this also varies in different regions.Wow,if my petroleum engine oil would freeze at -20F , i would be screwed , when skiing in Lake Placid , last year in January, where at that time it was below 37C for three days.
On the brigther note, there is no need to use a synthetic oil in LR3 at all.I was told once, by hthe guy , that worked in Jaguar plant, a few years back , that our jaguar derived 4.4 L engine was designed for a mineral base oil, so unless you race in LR3 , you can't possibly see a difference in performance in our cars.
i change my oil every 3000 thousand miles and see no leaks or oil consumption whatsoever.Engine runs like new, well almost..:hello:

I use only Regular oil on this LR3 since NEW. 5-30 Petroleum Based Mineral oil Castrol.Change it always between 3 thousand and 3500 miles.Engine runs Great.Trans Also because of 3 trans fluid complete changes.Its all about changing out the Fluids including Anti-freeze,power steering,differentials,transfer case,Brake fluid.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635