One beep when car locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I saw a discussion about reprogramming the car to beep once when the doors are locked and beep twice when they cannot be locked.

I remember it was dealer programmed option.

My dealer told me that there is no way for them to do this. Is he blowing smoke up my a**?

They also said they looked at fuel trim data and did not find anything out of the ordinary. I am wondering if they looked at it at all.

What a bunch of clowns! Makes me want to go back to my wife's car, Acura dealership. They were upfront and honest. Can't believe the crappy service with LRs.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a 2010 or 2011?

My 2011 was delivered to me the way you described - one beep for lock, and it beeps twice if someone left a door open. Two beeps for unlock as well.

What's funny is the answer I got to my question. My salesman delivered the truck to my house, and when he was here, I asked if the beeps could be disabled. He didn't know, and told me he'd follow up.

The next day, he sent me an e-mail follow up, with info on the beeps that was clearly copy / pasted from somewhere. The way it described the system working was completely different from how mine works.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a 2010 or 2011?

My 2011 was delivered to me the way you described - one beep for lock, and it beeps twice if someone left a door open. Two beeps for unlock as well.

What's funny is the answer I got to my question. My salesman delivered the truck to my house, and when he was here, I asked if the beeps could be disabled. He didn't know, and told me he'd follow up.

The next day, he sent me an e-mail follow up, with info on the beeps that was clearly copy / pasted from somewhere. The way it described the system working was completely different from how mine works.

Amazing levels of incompetence still persists within the Land rover brand.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my dealer program mine. It beeps once when you lock twice when you unlock and twice if a door is ajar.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I saw a discussion about reprogramming the car to beep once when the doors are locked and beep twice when they cannot be locked.

I remember it was dealer programmed option.

My dealer told me that there is no way for them to do this. Is he blowing smoke up my a**?

They also said they looked at fuel trim data and did not find anything out of the ordinary. I am wondering if they looked at it at all.

What a bunch of clowns! Makes me want to go back to my wife's car, Acura dealership. They were upfront and honest. Can't believe the crappy service with LRs.

I picked up my 2011 LR4 two weeks ago on a Saturday when the service dept is closed and neither my sales rep or any of the Land Rover sales peeps had any idea what I was talking about when I asked them to have the chirps programmed. They all said it didn't do that and there was no way to program that. I told them about my awesome forum and I know it can be done and he said he would look into it. That was 2 weeks ago and I am still chirpless. It does suck when an Internet forum knows more than the freaking dealership. I really wanted those chirps and didn't want to pay a fee to have them programmed.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my 2011 LR4 two weeks ago on a Saturday when the service dept is closed and neither my sales rep or any of the Land Rover sales peeps had any idea what I was talking about when I asked them to have the chirps programmed. They all said it didn't do that and there was no way to program that. I told them about my awesome forum and I know it can be done and he said he would look into it. That was 2 weeks ago and I am still chirpless. It does suck when an Internet forum knows more than the freaking dealership. I really wanted those chirps and didn't want to pay a fee to have them programmed.

You must be in the pacific northwest!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 LR4 does not chirp unless I try to lock the door and one of them is still open. I never thought about it being programmed, but I asked my sales guy and he said they likely could and to bring it by, but they may charge me. Personally, it's not a big deal for me, but it should still be free. The other dealer program some people do is daytime running lights, especially on our model with the LED accent lights. I can see I would be really cool to have those on all the time as DRLs. Maybe if I had that done they can do my chirps for free! ;)

UGAgirl, have any plans to have them programmed?

-David

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 LR4 does not chirp unless I try to lock the door and one of them is still open. I never thought about it being programmed, but I asked my sales guy and he said they likely could and to bring it by, but they may charge me. Personally, it's not a big deal for me, but it should still be free. The other dealer program some people do is daytime running lights, especially on our model with the LED accent lights. I can see I would be really cool to have those on all the time as DRLs. Maybe if I had that done they can do my chirps for free! ;)

UGAgirl, have any plans to have them programmed?

-David

Hi David,

I have no plans now to get the chirp programmed since I dont really want to drive all the way over there for it (knock on wood I am having no probs at all with my LR4) nor do I want to pay for it since the sales reps said they didnt think this was possible (go figure) when I picked the truck up and it would have been free. Maybe when I take it in for it's first service work I will ask again. Let me know if you ever get it programmed. I actually would really like this option so that I know for sure when my truck has locked. Its very strange to me that we even have to have it "programmed" if it is included on the truck. Why doesnt it just come with the beeps? Weird...Oh well

All the best!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,

I have no plans now to get the chirp programmed since I dont really want to drive all the way over there for it (knock on wood I am having no probs at all with my LR4) nor do I want to pay for it since the sales reps said they didnt think this was possible (go figure) when I picked the truck up and it would have been free. Maybe when I take it in for it's first service work I will ask again. Let me know if you ever get it programmed. I actually would really like this option so that I know for sure when my truck has locked. Its very strange to me that we even have to have it "programmed" if it is included on the truck. Why doesnt it just come with the beeps? Weird...Oh well

All the best!
Hello UGAgirl,

Thanks for your response. It is really odd how these features can't just be programmed by the user via the computer settings. The same with DRLs. I had a BMW and 3 Mercedes over the past 8 years so I'm still getting used to some of the quirks of Land Rover. I had a 2001 Discovery for a little while, but it was a nightmare and amazing. Hehe!

I remember you saying that you live far from a dealership, that's tough. Maybe when you have service you can have the programming done, that's what I will likely do. I am lucky, there are probably 5 dealerships within 60 miles of me, with one being 2-3 miles away.

Talk later.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4