Ordering 2011 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back and looked at the 2 page printout of my order, which lists the options I chose, and then also a big long list of the "Standard and Included Features", similar to the long list you would see on the new car MSRP sticker. Based on that, I don't really see anything that looks like it is different from the 2010 model.

I ordered the 2011 equivalent of the 2010 Lux Plus package. On my order sheet, it is called "7LX/VAX - 7 seat LUX with Vision Assist" -- Vision Assist is the surround cameras. Then as a separate option, I ordered the "HDP - Heavy Duty Pack".

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 'best' deal will never come from a blanket negotiated price - you can almost certainly do better negotiating on your own if done properly. I was able with very little effort to buy my LUX (sticker 57,665 invoice 52,552) for 53,700 just over a month ago. I'm certain there are others who have done better but that seemed reasonable to me. Note also that the dealer had to trade with another ~800 miles away to get the exact color combination I wanted (no additional charge to me). Point of the posting is to do a little digging - good deals are clearly out there for the taking. I would recommend reaching out in markets where there are multiple dealers in proximity (I have 4 within an hour's drive in DC)
Well, good for you for getting a great price. The best price I got was $2400 off MSRP of $59,215, and that was on a demo with over 700 miles on it. And it wasn't exactly what I wanted anyway so I decided to order a 2011, as no one could locate the exact color and options that I wanted. I don't know... maybe I'm just a terrible negotiator, but here in the west, the dealers did not seem willing to deal. And I did use the Costco price with the local dealers and no one would match it.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011's will have a green and silver Land Rover badge on the grill and tailgate handle. They also get revised 2nd row headrests, and 2 new colors as discussed in a previous post.

fordavea

Reaction score
2011 Lr4

Is the destination charge on the 2011 still $850 and still an addition to MSRP?

zjz

Reaction score
The 'best' deal will never come from a blanket negotiated price - you can almost certainly do better negotiating on your own if done properly. I was able with very little effort to buy my LUX (sticker 57,665 invoice 52,552) for 53,700 just over a month ago. I'm certain there are others who have done better but that seemed reasonable to me. Note also that the dealer had to trade with another ~800 miles away to get the exact color combination I wanted (no additional charge to me). Point of the posting is to do a little digging - good deals are clearly out there for the taking. I would recommend reaching out in markets where there are multiple dealers in proximity (I have 4 within an hour's drive in DC)

Hey vhousad, is the 53,700 including taxes?
I'm also going to buy a LR4 and is trying to get a good price.
Thank you.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I actually got a better deal than I had originally thought. The sticker on my 2010 LR4 was $58,615 and I got it for $55,000. And, I got a good trade in to boot! So all in all, I'm very pleased with the deal I got. There is only 1 Land Rover dealer within 150 miles of me, so I didn't have competition working for me.

Rob

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My deal shifted a bit (picking our LR4 up today!!!

We ended up with a Black / Black LR4 Lux with Entertainment package. MSRP of $60,565.00 with a discount of $4,674, for final pricing of $55,891.00. We leased it, for 36 months, 15k miles per year and payment of $775 per month. I had to put $5k down total cash outlay. That seemed pretty much in line with other vehicles we were looking at in close to the same price range. We got such a large discount because we took their "new" service loaner. It's only been in their service fleet for three weeks. I drove it home (overnight test drive) last week and put 150 miles on it in just over 24 hours. It now has 870 miles on it, and we pick it up in about two hours. I guess I wasn't worried about the 700+ miles "someone else" put on it, I assume the vehicle didn't take too much if any abuse. For what it's worth, my dealer offered me $3300 off another LR4 Lux in stock that did not have the entertainment system, but only had about 30 miles on it. With the discount differential, the lease payment ended up being about $14 a month less on the service loaner with 870 miles on it, but also came with the entertainment system and I have three kids (one being only 10 so it will come in handy). I believe, or at least I feel like I received a great deal, and look forward to three years in the LR4. We are getting out of a 2007 BMW X5 and I'm happy to say........"I'm so glad to see that one GO"!

Cheers,

Joe S.

holygrail

Reaction score
Placed my 2011 Order

Hello all,

I'm new to the board. Been a long time fan of the Land Rover automobiles...and am planning on purchasing my first over the next couple of weeks.

Basically, I have called to various dealerships in my region and am hearing conflicting reports regarding whether or not they can place orders on the 2011 LR4's at this time. I do not need the vehicle until later in the Fall...so I wanted to go ahead and get an order placed.

Some dealers have said that the pricing is out, but they are slow to get back to me with a quoted price. Others have said that they cannot place these orders until the end of the month....but still will not quote a price.

My questions are...
1. Have any of you been able to place pre-orders for a 2011 LR4?

2. If so, what prices are you hearing and are the dealers being firm on sticker price being that it is a pre-order...or are they willing to negotiate? I am getting a little concerned since no one will get back to me with a quoted price for my desired model to even give me a starting point for negotiations.

3. Does each dealership have control over financing offers? Some dealers have told me that the current 0.9% financing should be available with 2011 models...and others have said that the 0.9% offer will not be available and that they will not be able to quote me a finance rate until early September...which essentially means I would be gambling on getting a good rate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to future discussions.

How's it going? I just placed my order on the 2011 LR4 HSE package. There is no HSE PLUS and LUX PLUS packages. Just HSE and HSE LUXs. However, I included identical options as the HSE PLUS package. I added the 7-seat Comfort Pkg, Hvy Duty pkg, iPod conn, Xenon/HIDs (automatically includes LEDs and Adaptive headlights), and the Surround Camera system....all for $53,000 flat. The key is to do it before the dealer gets all their prices. What they do is guestimate the increases. I got them to this price, otherwise I would've just ordered my LR4 through the Overseas Military Sales Program which automatically deducts 10% discounts off the 2011 base price ($48,500 - 10% = $43,650). I know, why do government officials and military guys get such great deals...no fair. Well, I volunteered for deployment so I should get a break. I'm currently in Afghanistan and won't be back until December, so it made sence to get the 2011 model. Also, it takes the car 3 months to build and 2-3 months to ship for some rediculous reason. I didn't take no for an answer and told the dealer that I want the car ready for January. He ageed. USAA's car buying program is offering the 2010 HSE PLUS w/7 seats and HD pkg for $51,773...if you have USAA as your insurance carrier.

V/r,
Chris

holygrail

Reaction score
Placed my 2011 order

Hello all,

I'm new to the board. Been a long time fan of the Land Rover automobiles...and am planning on purchasing my first over the next couple of weeks.

Basically, I have called to various dealerships in my region and am hearing conflicting reports regarding whether or not they can place orders on the 2011 LR4's at this time. I do not need the vehicle until later in the Fall...so I wanted to go ahead and get an order placed.

Some dealers have said that the pricing is out, but they are slow to get back to me with a quoted price. Others have said that they cannot place these orders until the end of the month....but still will not quote a price.

My questions are...
1. Have any of you been able to place pre-orders for a 2011 LR4?

2. If so, what prices are you hearing and are the dealers being firm on sticker price being that it is a pre-order...or are they willing to negotiate? I am getting a little concerned since no one will get back to me with a quoted price for my desired model to even give me a starting point for negotiations.

3. Does each dealership have control over financing offers? Some dealers have told me that the current 0.9% financing should be available with 2011 models...and others have said that the 0.9% offer will not be available and that they will not be able to quote me a finance rate until early September...which essentially means I would be gambling on getting a good rate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to future discussions.

How's it going? I just placed my order on the 2011 LR4 HSE package. There is no HSE PLUS and LUX PLUS packages. Just HSE and HSE LUXs. However, I included identical options as the HSE PLUS package. I added the 7-seat Comfort Pkg, Hvy Duty pkg, iPod conn, Xenon/HIDs (automatically includes LEDs and Adaptive headlights), and the Surround Camera system....all for $53,000 flat. The key is to do it before the dealer gets all their prices. What they do is guestimate the increases. I got them to this price, otherwise I would've just ordered my LR4 through the Overseas Military Sales Program which automatically deducts 10% discounts off the 2011 base price ($48,500 - 10% = $43,650). I know, why do government officials and military guys get such great deals...no fair. Well, I volunteered for deployment so I should get a break. I'm currently in Afghanistan and won't be back until December, so it made sence to get the 2011 model. Also, it takes the car 3 months to build and 2-3 months to ship for some rediculous reason. I didn't take no for an answer and told the dealer that I want the car ready for January. He ageed. USAA's car buying program is offering the 2010 HSE PLUS w/7 seats and HD pkg for $51,773...if you have USAA as your insurance carrier.

V/r,
Chris

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo