Outfitted and ready to go!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I've got her set up about the way I want her for now...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's my evil twin! :eek:
IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

Looks nice. :cool:

Rock sliders - check
Brownchurch Rack - check
Thule wind deflector - check
18" 10-spoke wheels - check (are those BFG's?)

Next on the list - body side moulding, mud flaps, lamp guards, clear side markers, black ovals and center caps, Mantec plate (it never ends...)

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You caught me! ;-) Yes, those are BFGs. They're a little big so there's a little rubbing when I turn the wheel counter-clockwise to lock but other than that they seem to work great. I went with them because of the severe service rating for snow driving but they handled that muddy hill pretty nicely.

Wouldn't the black car be the evil twin? :D I do think that the lamp guards might be on the list pretty soon... at least for the rear.

Better shots of the BFGs:

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did the BFGs compaire to the Coopers?
what is the size of the BFGs

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you. I've only had the BFGs. They're 265/65 18s. The main reason that I went with them (beyond the real off-road chops) is that they're rated for severe snow.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had BFG's on either, only Nittos and Coopers, so I can't compare. But they do have serious off road cred. The total diameter is a bit larger than the 285/60/18 Coopers and Nittos I've had.

285/60/18 = 31.46" Total Diameter
265/65/18 = 31.56" Total Diameter

31.5" is what I've been told to keep it under, so it's extremely close. Probably doesn't rub that badly.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, there's just the tiniest bit of rub with the BFGs. What you really want to not do is combine the two and buy the 285/65/18s those will REALLY rub.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you. I've only had the BFGs. They're 265/65 18s. The main reason that I went with them (beyond the real off-road chops) is that they're rated for severe snow.

This is the tire I have been looking for good off-road and rated for severe snow. I was going to go with the Coopers but wanted the snow rating for ski trips. Is that the only size that will fit?

Thanks

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same size BFG's. For similar reasons above-excellent snow rating, off road capability and best of all-they wear like iron. The 265's are prob the biggest you can go with these before having serious rubbing issues.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had no problems with the Coopers in the snow, even the deep stuff, without chains - for what it's worth...
Here they are on my Sport in the snow.:cool:
Image-915E1E5DCA7C4736.jpg

Image-CB21AD94F6714BF5.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink