Outfitted and ready to go!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Lyon....Go Beavs!

Nice video but not diggin' your hat.

Where was that trail located?

Go Ducks!

As for the trail... well it's more like a a short set of muddy ruts just off the road. What you saw me do was the extent of it. I've got a buddy (guy behind the camera) who wanted to see the truck off-road. Oh, and it's in Eugene, not Corvallis, so I wasn't worried about getting dragged into the woods by some crazed Beaver fan! :biggrin:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured it was in Eugene or near it. I would join you next time I'm in the area...which isn't often but my rig has cruised the streets down there a few times (Civil War '05 and visiting a friend after the OSU v Utah game last year)...I don't have any OSU stickers on it, so I didn't worry about vandals! ...I live near UW so I have to be wary of that anyway!

...probably shouldn't talk too much football on here since it's not LR-related, but if the Beavs take care of UA tomorrow; that is going to be one HUGE Civil War the following week!

speedmancool

Reaction score
I have installed a set of Hankook DynaPro MT 275/65R18 to my LR3 and this tires are the best you can get for off-roading without rubbing. They perform excelent off road, and they are also rated for severe snow.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have installed a set of Hankook DynaPro MT 275/65R18 to my LR3 and this tires are the best you can get for off-roading without rubbing. They perform excelent off road, and they are also rated for severe snow.
Do you get any rubbing in Normal mode?
How about acess mode?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 275/65/18 has an overall diameter of 32.07 inches. Sorry, but that will definitely rub even in off road mode - especially when fully compressed, such as in Rock Crawl mode.

I have 285/60/18's, which have an overall diameter of 31.46 inches, and they barely rub under full compression, just on the front side of the rear wheels.

Good rule of thumb is to keep it under 31.5 inches. Here's a good tire size calculator to bookmark. http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boaz

I was thinking they would rubb as well. Unless you put on the 2" lift.

speedmancool

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought so too, but the fact is the tires dont rub, and I have made no modifications or lifting. I bought the tires because I liked them so bad, and hoped for the best. And they dont rub! I have tried them in the most extreme conditions. Thanks for the post

speedmancool

Reaction score
I dont get any rubbing, even in normal mode. In access mode there is going to be a little rubbing when you make sharp turns, but nothing too serious

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did say LR3 right? Your icon is a Disco. 32" tires would fit an older Disco, but I still can't believe they don't rub on an LR3. :confused: Let's go rock crawling somewhere and check it out. :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink