Overheating 06

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3&SD

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble with a "bleeder valve" on their 4.4L LR3? This will be the second tow truck ride to the dealer for probably the same problem related to overheating. I read the 4 strikes then the dealer has to take it back under MN lemon laws, well were probably half way there...

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 LR3 with 42k, no problems with overheating at this point. Sorry to hear you're having issues.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had problems with sensors telling the truck that it was overheating. Have not
had a problem with it actually overheating.

TRD4ME

Reaction score
Leaking from the bleeder valve is common. It's located next to the EGR valve. Its a plastic part and gets very hot. I have yet to see one leak to the point of causing overheat though. It is usualy a very, very slow leak.

LR3&SD

Reaction score
Yeah I guess we just did the bleeder near the lower egr and now the one by the upper egr is bad - according to the service advisor.

LVLR

Reaction score
I have an 05 LR3 with 50 k on the odo, I have never had an overheating issue while on or off-road in Las Vegas or surrounding areas (including summer off roading in Death Valley).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM