Oxygen sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.oxygensensors.com

At this site, the sensors are plug and play, around $99 to $119.

http://www.expressautoparts.com/store/index.cfm?do=list&logcategory=SENSAMS

At this site, there's two products that will fit my '97 D1. One is plug and play for $125, the other is a 'universal' style for $45. You have to wire it yourself, but there's a big difference in cost.

I'm definitely leaning toward the cheaper ones, and will be wiring them myself if I buy them. My question is, is it likely that the cheaper ones will be the correct sensors for my D1, and is the wiring straightforward?

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the money you save you pay for in time. Find out if the parts meet manufacturer specifications or have an "E" rating for exceeds manufacturer specs.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Jeff,

If you can wait I have a plug and play source for $70 each. Won't be ready until the end of the month however.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can wait...that would be sweet. Let me know, and thanks.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yah, Mike, I haven't been able to retrieve the fault codes yet. Kragen told me their OBD II reader wouldn't fit the Disco plug...I don't think that's correct. Maybe I'll go talk to them when someone else is working. heh

D

discomike

Jeff,
The OBD2 plug is standard, you have heard the saying'"good help is hard to get"?
Mike J.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JJMyerz,

did your source for the o2 sensors materialize? Just curious. I may still need them.

Thanks,

Jeff

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Hey Jeff .. I think Auto Zone/O'Reilley's will read the codes for free too. I got tired of wondering what the code was so I just bought an ODB2 reader from another rover friend. Now changing the 02 sensors is not fun... I got my hand stuck back there between the distributor cap and the firewall!! After looking over the LR manual they suggest that you jack the rover and attack this from under the rover instead of from on top like I did. Good Luck ..Melissa

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Melissa - how the heck you can get your hands stuck doing o2 sensor change? Even mine never did :) But then i have removed some bits from engine compartment :)

Yes Autozone will normally read your codes for free with no problem.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Well Umm.. It is not easy to get your hand back there .. And I have small hands. That and the engine parts WERE HOT :mad: !!! Even with a burn sleeve I had a hard time... Maybe when I move to CO (Sergei) I can just pay you to change them ?? If I can afford you! ha ha ... Cha --Ching $$$

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9