P0029-72

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CO-LR4

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck troubleshooting:

PCM-Engine Petrol
  • P0029-72 (AF) Exhaust valve control solenoid - circuit range/performance (bank 2) - Mechanical failure - actuator is stuck open

2011 LR4 v8

Thank you

CO-LR4

Reaction score
Would be helpful! Sorry, only the CEL, otherwise stable. No idle issues or loss of power

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you clear the code, does it come back immediately?

CO-LR4

Reaction score
I just cleared it and so far (10min drive back home) it hasn’t come back yet. Only time will tell. I’ll see how it goes rest of tonight and tomorrow.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that’s a code for the VVT solenoid on the exhaust cam. They’re mounted out in front of the timing chain cover as I recall. I’ve heard they are pretty easy to swap out, but I haven’t done it myself.

CO-LR4

Reaction score
That’s what my prelim research was turning up, so think you’re right. I’ll give it the weekend and see if returns and go from there . Appreciate the responses so far!

CO-LR4

Reaction score
Update: so the original code hasn’t returned after a few days. I uncovered a damaged coolant hose into the throttle body that I replaced a couple days ago.

And now receiving the below consistently at start up after clear the code.
  • P0023-13 (AE) Exhaust (B) camshaft position actuator - circuit open (bank 2) - General electrical failure - circuit open
As only affects bank 2 leads me to believe still the solenoid to be bad vs electrical (as would most likely be both?), so have one on order.

CO-LR4

Reaction score
I think that’s a code for the VVT solenoid on the exhaust cam. They’re mounted out in front of the timing chain cover as I recall. I’ve heard they are pretty easy to swap out, but I haven’t done it myself.
This seems to have done the trick. Changed out the solenoid yesterday and ran without faults. Cold start this morning and no issues.

Thank you!

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent and thanks for reporting back. So very helpful for us to get that final resolution. Was the swap out pretty straightforward?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA