Passenger seat "farting"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddvelin

Reaction score
hello all,

I have a (new to me) 05 LR3 with 98K miles. about 6 weeks after I took ownership, it sounds like the passenger seat is "farting" between 10-60 seconds after i turn the car on. I typically do lower the car to get in and out, so it is in the process of raising up, but the sound really does sound like it is coming from the (empty) passenger seat rubbing or squeking against the center console.

Anyone else heard of this?

ddv

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The farting is actually coming from the Air Conditioning valves. You can confirm this by leaving it on recirculate and see if it stops.

ddvelin

Reaction score
TLT, you are a genius! I set the system to recirculate for about 15 minutes and then turned it off. I've made 3-4 additional trips and no more "farting". Thanks for troubleshooting

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, I've had that problem since almost new. It is an expensive part to replace, there is a TSB on how to fix it, or try to without changing it. PM me with your e-mail address and I will steer you in the right direction, otherwise if you go to a dealer the TSB is LTB00103

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Technical Service Bulletin. It is instructions / guidance on issues that Land Rover sends to dealers.

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my AC farts too when I turn it on, is that bad or normal?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge